Galle Face Hotel Colombo
US$85
US$135
  • Pool
3,410 results
All reviewsgalle facesea spraycolonial hotelold world charmold wingsri lankaindian oceanwooden floorsoverlooking the oceanjunior suitecolonial stylewatching the sunsetpool barsea frontbreakfast buffethigh teaunder renovation
Reviewed 26 September 2017

The whole place is steeped in history and has a luxurious colonial feel. Its a nice experience to sit and enjoy a location where so many famous characters have visited and although it is expensive for Sri Lanka it is good value compared to similar hotels in England, even if only for a night. We enjoyed the buffet and cocktails and felt it was a lovely closing evening to our holiday in Sri Lanka.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Deni D, General Manager at Galle Face Hotel Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Thank you ever so much for choosing The Galle Face Hotel for you stay in Colombo and taking the time to write back to us.

It's always great to hear back from guests that take the time to truly immerse themselves in the history behind the colonial property. If you didn't already, we recommend you speak to our front office team with regards to our historian tour which allows you to dive further into the past with some of the most famous tales behind the hotel.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

We travelled around Sri Lanka and this hotel was the our 5 day R&R! Excellent hotel great staff who were accommodating of my elderly mother. The food was a bit pricey and the afternoon tea needs to improve this was disappointing! We were looking for short eats and cakes for tea time but this was not available! We would love to see more authentic Sri lankan food on the menu.

Room Tip: more towels please!
Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Deni D, General Manager at Galle Face Hotel Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Very many thanks for taking the time out to give us your feedback from your recent stay at The Galle Face Hotel.

We appreciate your thoughts on our team who are amongst the very best in city. We are however concerned that you were not able to sample our high tea which comes highly recommended. If time permits please write to us on information@gallefacehotel.net with the dates of your stay and will look further into this.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

First trip to Sri Lanka - it will not be my last!

What an amazing experience to be transported back in time through the decor; but more importantly, was the staff's responsiveness and attention to detail.

This started with my arranged transportation at the airport - easy access and the gentleman was so polished in his interaction with me. And although I was checking in late, the front desk staff were very personable and graciously welcomed me to their beautiful hotel and incredible country. Check is was very efficient and I was escorted to my room and given an explanation of the room amenities.

I booked a jr suite at a reasonable price. Huge! The view was off the water and you could hear the waves crashing at night. What a great way to fall asleep. There was also fresh fruit waiting for me in the room and a very nice assortment of Sri Lankan candies.

There was a fully stocked mini bar and kettle with coffee/tea assortment. Bottled water. High quality bathroom amenities. Strong free wifi.

The bedding and towels were very luxurious and the bed and pillows were extremely comfortable.

I did not eat at the hotel but enjoyed a glass of wine at the bar - again, overlooking the water. Impressive. The wait staff was attentive and very pleasant.

The only down side was that the gym and spa were being remodeled BUT they informed me of this prior to my stay. I had 2 passes for a nearby gym waiting for me at check in. Again - attention to detail.

Check out was very early on a Sunday morning. Staff were very interested in my feedback. I was given extra bottled water for my journey which was another nice touch.

Since I travel so much, I am always looking for the exceptional experience. The Galle Face Hotel in Colombo exceeded my expectations. No doubt - 5 star experience.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Galle Face Hotel for our honeymoon and at first weren't impressed with the staff as they didn't try to do a little extra considering it was a special stay for us and previously in India, we were given upgrades to all hotel rooms. Finally on our last day there we met Mistica Young who found out it was our honeymoon and gave us a better room which included a bottle of prosecco. If it weren't for her we might not have had the same impression about the service at the Galle Face Hotel. Otherwise, it's an extraordinary building with an exceptionally location.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Amazing and well maintained hotel.

Booked Sea facing Jr Suites with Balcony and got upgraded to their heritage suites.

Loved the views from the suite.

Lovely breakfast and friendly staff.

Highly recommended!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Deni D, General Manager at Galle Face Hotel Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to write back to us with your short albeit pleasant review from your stay at The Galle Face Hotel.

It's great to hear that our front office team was able to assist you with a upgrade to one of our seven signature heritage suites, each of which have a unique story behind them. For instance, the crown jewel of the hotel is the Empress Suite which owes its name to Empress Eugenie wife of Napoleon III, Emperor of France, who stayed in this suite on her only visit to Ceylon in the early 1900's.

We appreciate the kind recommendation and hope to have you back in the very near future!