US$126
Taj Hotels
US$123
US$103
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$165/night.

US$96
US$80
Priceline
All reviewsspic and spanclean and modern hotelmt lavinianecessary amenitiesclose to shopsfree wifisri lankadecent breakfastmarine drivequiet locationexcellent hotelcomfortable bedrooms are smallshort stayindian oceanexcellent stayroom service is
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

The hotel was modern and clean with helpful staff. Breakfast was good with a wide selection of both western and Sri Lankan dishes. The hotel was on the outskirts of Colombo city centre so a tuktuk was required to Fort (about 300 rupeees) but this wasn't a problem.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

All in all my friend and I really enjoyed our stay at the fairview hotel.

We arrived at the hotel four hours prior to check in time, after a long and exhausting journey. They were kind enough to allow us to check in almost at once.

We got a nice, clean and spacious room with a beautiful view of the city. The breakfast buffet is also very good and free of charge (however they do charge for water). The staff were very nice; always smiling and polite, and they were more than happy to book transportation for us.

The rooms were flawlessly made up every day, and we got a free bottle of water each.

However, would not recommend the hotels a la carte resturant. The menu was limited, and I was given another dish than what I actually ordered. When I tried to let the staff know they took offence and charged me for the meal they wrongfully gave me, as well as the one I actually ordered. They did not pay attention to me when I explained that they gave me the wrong meal, and just assumed that I just did not like it (and made me feel really bad about it too).

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 January 2018

We stayed here for two separate periods totalling over a fortnight as a Colombo “base” during our Sri Lankan holiday, and were treated royally throughout, as were all hotel residents. The hotel décor is very tasteful, rooms well kitted out, spacious and airy and the food very high quality including European, English and local breakfasts and a good a la carte menu. There is no pool but there is outdoor access on the roof. We were particularly well looked after by Brian, the acting manager and Siva the restaurant manager. Good value for money, particularly at present rates. Paul & Rosie

Room Tip: Those ending ...04 larger (end of corridor)
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2018

The Manager and staff went out of their way to make our stay comfortable and the highlight was the celebratory dinner they hosted for our 44th anniversary. The hotel is very clean, the food tasty and the bed linen changed daily and numerous little courtesies were extended to us during our stay which was very comfortable and pleasant. It was a home away from home for as with such friendly manager and staff who work as a team to ensure that all guests are well looked after and satisfied.

Room Tip: Request oceanview, the view is magnificent
Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2018

My first visit was alone in March 2017 and this was my second visit to this lovely hotel; this time with my wife. I endorse everything I wrote in my April 2017 review about the wonderful service and amenities. My wife and I were exceptionally pleased and will return here when visiting Colombo next. Special mention must be made of the pleasant restaurant staff who were ever ready to please.

Room Tip: Ocean View Rooms are better
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple