Chillout Cengo Hostel
US$116
US$503
US$366
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

We needed a last minute room for the night and Chillout Hostel obliged us with no hassle at all. The directions on their confirmation email were easy to follow and spot on which makes a really nice change from outdated advice that some hostels offer!
The couple who run the hostel in the evenings are two of the most lovely people I have met on my travels, they made us feel so welcome and supplied us with a map and some excellent tips for the Taksim area.
The rooms are very basic - we stayed in a private double - but the bed was comfortable and the sheets were clean.
The price of the hostel is not the cheapest in Istanbul but well worth the couple of extra £/€ for the great atmosphere and the beautiful rakï (served with a glass of ice water and a plate of plums when in season).

Obviously as Taksim is the central night spot of Istanbul, there was some noise at night but if you stay in the party district you have to run with it and try to enjoy every minute because there really is no where else quite like it!

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 19 August 2013

The location is awesome, especially if you want to grab a beer and hit the clubs. It is very close to the Taksim square, when you can take the funicular and the tramway to the sultanahmet area. There are many parking lots nearby, if you travel by car. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the prices are affordable. We traveled in a group of 13, and we booked a 12 bed room for one night, in august 2013. The room, the kitchen and the bathrooms were all very clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

This hostel is in an awesome location particularly if you want to get away from the super touristy sultanahmet. Close to taxis, cabs and the main taksim area. The rooms are average hostel rooms. However, its expensive for Istanbul ($AUD2O) we found other hostels much cheaper. And the staff are useless. The lady at reception couldn't tell us where anything was - we asked for a travel agent, post office, the best way to see Gallipoli etc and she couldn't help us with anything

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I think I was expecting great things after reading the other reviews but I was a little disappointed. I'm not a massive fan of hostels but as long as the rooms are clean I don't mind. Our room ( we has the private double with own bathroom) smelt awful. The bathroom smelt of damp and I had to hold my nose every time I went in the room. The staff were really friendly and the Location is amazing as you are right in the middle of everything. You do have a lot of stairs to reach the reception so be prepared! It dies get very noisy at night and my partner and I could not get to sleep until 5:30 am every night because of noisy groups of people outside and a fight most nights on the street. I have stayed in lots of hostels before and I have to safe this is one that has put me off staying in another one for a long time!

Room Tip: Dorms looked a little better than the private room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2013

This was a great place to stay in Istanbul. Lots of great food places around here as well. My girlfriend; her brother and I stayed in a dorm room. The only issue with the dorm room is that our room connected to the attic where people stayed as well. There were a couple of weirdos up there who repeatedly came up and down in the middle of the night and complained when we had the light on in the room at 9 pm. My only issue with the hostel was the tiny kitchen. It was hard to use if anyone else was in there and there wasn't much room to eat. The staff at the hotel was helpful.

Room Tip: Buy beer outside of the hostel it is cheaper.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends