“Very Good”
Review of Titanic Port Hotel

Titanic Port Hotel
Ranked #184 of 1,175 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Very good business hotel. Away from the usual tourist destinations. Very good rooms, good and helpful staff. Good bar and restaurant. Will definitely like to visit again.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Good for business if you have to stay in this part of the City. One of the best fitness center I have seen around. Good quality of wi-fi connection. Rooms are clean, that's one of most important things. It is also good if you need to go to Asian side, since Bakirkoy ferry terminal is located 5 minutes walking.

Room Tip: maybe better to avoid last floor (11th) due to restaurant and bar at 12th floor. This because especi...
Reviewed 13 February 2012

This is the First time we stay at that Hotel. İt is possible to relax, very clean rooms, perfect breakfast, XL beds, and very confotable.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Very good hotel, clean, nice,full of service, big bed(queen size ..it's awesome)big bedroom, sea view it's great, lift, gymnasium, beauty center, spa.. ...such an amazing experience..!!!I suggest to everyone!!I stayed in the hotel for 5 night and it was a great experience, the breakfast is fantastic and all the staff was nice.Good Position, half way between the Tuyap Fair and the old city.30 minutes by taxi from the tuyap and 20 minutes by taxi from the old city.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

One thing that irks me about any hotel is their lack of preparedness. As most of my trips bring me into my destinations early morning I get a good chance to gauge a hotel service simply by seeing how ready they are...to receive me... should be something any traveller should look forward to, right ?
After a very tiring 5 hour flight, and having to put up with the usual "let us sleep" extremely irritated attitude of the night crew of the airline that brought me into Istanbul, I was picked up by my hosts and whisked off to this hotel. The first thing that strikes you when you pull up to this hotel is that it looks like a really practical place to stay. Unfortunately that's sort of all you can say about it.
OK, so it's 6:45 am, I've just been flying for 5 hours, taken a good part of 2 hours to get out of the airport, with another 35 minute drive down Istanbul's refreshingly fast causeways, skimming through heavy trucks and signs of morning rush hour traffic starting to form, and we get to this hotel... Guess what ? My room's not ready...
I'm always cautiously optimistic whenever I come to Turkey. It's a great place to visit, Turks are quite friendly, but their service industry is playing catch up really slowly... That's irritating.
After pleading with the receptionists (who don't smile by the way...) they huffingly sat me down, and by 7:40, I was up to my room... With their senior receptionist reminding me in a friendly way to remember this favor (!) they did me by breezing me up to the room with lightning speed....
The rooms are OK, reminiscent of the old Sheraton designs, quite adequate in terms of facilities but they have no bathtubs in this hotel it seems, one thing that strikes you if you get a room close to the elevator is what a difference it makes in terms of noise... Try it and you'll see, you can hear the elevators coming up and down there.
It was quite cold when I arrived but when I got into my room the heater (which you can't control) was so stuffy I had to open a window to stop my head from exploding... That helped a bit although it let in some of the traffic noise, the fact that I was on a high floor did help.
In sharp contrast to the lobby size, this hotel is BIG. Entering it does not show but it has so many twists and turns you can easily get lost simply by going up the wrong staircase.
What got to me the most about my stay at this hotel was the fact that the staff was downright unfriendly. I wouldn't say they were rude but they definitely lacked the warm smile you can find in some other places. This is reflected everywhere, restaurant staff, bar staff, reception, the security looks like they would jump you for asking for a second helping of marmalade...
Their breakfast is quite good, I recommend trying anything turkish they have set out on the table as it's quite authentic and well worth the taste...
So I missed my flight out and had to extend my stay for one night, would they give me the rate my hosts had ? nope... Call them and get them to send us a fax (even emails wouldn't do) their senior receptionist (someone I'm going to call...aunty...) commanded...OK, did that, fine, it was extended, well and good for me.
Late checkout at this hotel ? Sure, all of an extra half an hour for you... One if you beg really really hard... At the end of the second day here, I just packed my bags, got into a tour bus and spent the rest of the day seeing Istanbul.
This hotel just wasn't worth any more effort.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators to get a decent nights sleep
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business