Berce Hotel
US$117
US$498
US$405
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 January 2016 via mobile

I am very pleased to have stayed at Berce
Hotel. My room in the annex was clean, comfortable and warm. Although I counted 56 winding steps to my room, I did find it quaint and in style with the old city and its cobblestone roads. Travelling alone I found all staff very helpful and accommodating. They carried my luggage to my room when I arrived.
The hotel is very close to the many world famous tourist attractions. Restaurants are abundant. Breakfast at the hotel was a good assortment of fresh breads, fruit and vegetables, eggs and sausage, jams and even honey on the comb, buffet style and the breakfast terrace overlooked the rooftops and the sea. One morning I got up early enough to enjoy the sunrise while eating breakfast. Mehmet, thank you for all your help. My stay at Berce Hotel was excellent - five stars to all the staff, your hospitality and accomodations. I would recommend Berce Hotel to all who travel to Istanbul. I hope to be back some day.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank Mary B
Reviewed 8 January 2016

The Berce Hotel offers Turkish hospitality in a lovely hotel, reasonably priced, quiet, and in a nice neighborhood within walking distance to historical sites, coffee and tea, kabob, lentil soup, and Turkish gifts such as towels and rugs. The hotel is close to the rail transportation as well. After a day of exploring it was pleasant to return to the hotel where you felt welcome and the room was warm. In addition, the Internet connection was reliable so pictures could be shared with family each day. It was a very nice stay.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank S L
Reviewed 6 January 2016 via mobile

Initially my friends and I were supposed to stay at a different hotel in Istanbul, but found out that the hotel that we had booked wasn't in Sultanahmet. In what was a last minute decision, we booked a room at Berce, and that was one of the best decisions of our trip. Mr. Mehmet, the manager of the hotel, was extremely helpful and helped us in planning each day of our visit. The room was extremely clean and warm (a very important thing if you visit Istanbul in December). Further, the location of the hotel is perfect with the Blue Mosque, Aya Sophia and Topkapi Palace just 5 minute away. The breakfast served at the hotel was excellent, and so is the view from the breakfast area.

The most important thing however was that on the day of our check out, we had a flight at 7:30 p.m. and the check out time was noon. Despite this, we were able to relax at the hotel. If that wasn't enough, Mr. Mehmet asked us to join him for lunch, which was followed by a nice cup of Turkish Coffee (all this at no extra cost).

All these factors are enough for me to recommend this hotel to everyone who visits Istanbul. To Mehmet, Sarkan and the wonderful staff at Berce, thank you, and I shall see you soon.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank AnujDalvi
Reviewed 5 January 2016

Our brief stay here was totally enjoyable! The staff was very helpful and friendly, even going above and beyond what was necessary. Our room was spacious, comfortable, and clean. It also was quiet, even though we were on the ground floor next to the road. Many helpful amenities were provided in the room at no additional cost, and the WiFi worked well. The location was great... around the corner and down the street from the Blue Mosque. The street is made of cobblestone and is on a downward hill, but it's not difficult for anyone in moderately good shape. We found the location charming, as well as the building itself. It's also close to the Hagia Sophia museum and the Basilica Cistern, and is a couple tram stops away from the Grand Bazaar. (The hotel was easy to get to from the airport, too... we took the metro to the Zeytinburnu stop and then connected to the tram system. The walk from the Sultanahmet tram stop to the hotel is about 750 meters, or just under half a mile. The whole trip took an hour or less.) The buffet-style, Turkish breakfast is delicious and has many options, protein and carbs, savory and sweet. There's a beautiful view of the sea from inside the rooftop breakfast room, and there is outdoor seating, too. We definitely would like to stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank AmesIA_travelers
Reviewed 4 January 2016 via mobile

We got a triple room here. Their only triple room is in the basement, but it's warm, spacious and cozy. The hotel itself is more like a house, with a lovely winding staircase. The small lobby has a bookshelf, and the eating area upstairs on the terrace has a wonderful view of Istanbul's rooftops and the Bosphorus.

The location is quite good. It is located in Sultanahmet, which is Istanbul's sightseeing district. So the hotel is a ten minute walk from The Blue Mosque, St. Sophia and Topkapi Palace. The area is dotted with small cafés and bars.

The staff is excellent. We interacted with Mehmet, the manager. He is very efficient, friendly and responsive, and went out of his way to ensure a wonderful stay for us. Also very helpful were the other two receptionists (both named Sarkan, although I'm not sure about the spelling).

Since we had a wait of several hours between check out time and the airport, Mehmet even gave us a full lunch as we didn't have other plans, which was very thoughtful. The breakfast spread is nice as well, the two ladies in the kitchen do a great job.

All in all its a great place to stay, there is no language problem, and the room are pretty good.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends