“The best seafood restaurant in Istanbul with reasonable price.”

Yuksel Balik Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #411 of 14,491 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Yuksel Balık restaurant continued to serve excellent seafood food many years even though it changed hands twice. This is because the staff, kitchen and service, did not change much.
Their high quality fresh fish arrives daily. Their fish is the best available in the Turkish market. I know one of their fish suppliers from which I also buy fish to cook at my home for receptions and for my family.
Their chef prefers fish much to the taste of connoisseurs by leaving its meat moist and soft.
I recommend their sea bass in salt.
Their appetizers are well prepared. I recommend 'Lakerda' water and salt cured 'tunny' accompanied with a few drops of olive oil on top. Their stuffed mussels are also excellent.

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

The place has a selection of fresh fish on the entrance. It has very friendly service, very fast and delicious. Everything we had was of good quality. Octopus is must try. Deserts were typical oriental but again very tasty. Go there.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

Not a pleasant meal at Yuksel. I came at a bad time. They didn't have any fish options available for me to choose. I follow the recommendation of the Waiter and I was not happy with the result. For me the worst part was that I believe they overcharged me and when I ask for the bill, they didn't want to give it to me. They told me that they had to keep the original copy. To me that sounded very sketchy. I had to insist to receive a copy of the bill and finally they gave me a bad copy with the total amount in hand writing. (nothing to do with the original copy) I left the place with a very bad feeling like you are getting ripped off. Foreigners and tourist be aware and judge by yourself with the image I published.

1  Thank ator52
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Really high prices for what you receive. Bad wine choices. No mixed drinks. One kind of canned beer. Good octopus.

Reviewed 19 March 2017

I came from Ravenna who was the capital of the Western Roman Empier when Costantinopoli was the Eastern. I was downtown for business and i was invited to that fantastic restaurant to celebrate. Very accurate service and delicious food and drinks server on top of the Bosphorus. Amazing experience.