“If you want to sleep and explore istanbul, great place. ”
Review of Turna Apart

Turna Apart
and 1 more site!
Turna Apart
Ranked #645 of 1,246 Speciality Lodging in Istanbul
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a place to sleep and explore istanbul this is the place. Safe, secure, and Very VERY accommodating. Great location close to taksim. I rented two apartments for a group of 7 and worked out very well.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

The owner is bad and layer, and many gulf upnormal peoples live in it. The cover of the beds mostly not cleaned. But the place is good and near taqsim and istiklal district, as this is the only good thing.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank MohammaB
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

These apartments are in a fantastic location a few minutes walk from Taksim Square.
It stayed in building no.13 and room 1.
The room is right by the heavy iron external door that makes an almighty bang every time someone opens and closes the door.
Also directly outside the room is a popular local tea room with seating right below the window, which you cannot close, so I could hear the faintest sound outside and the people outside could hear every sound I made, so privacy felt a little invaded.
The rooms are a little shabby but ok for the price and the shower was great.
I had to check out a day early but could not find any staff to help with this, I had no response from the contact telephone numbers which I had.
If you get this hotel at a cheap price and view as a place to sleep only, then the location may make it worthwhile but do not stay in room 1 at No.13.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank peteyp999
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We chose Turna Apart because its close to Taksim square (for the early morning shuttle bus to the airport) and seemed a good price for a decent apartment. Also it had been reviewed twice, both positive.

However I was very disappointed with Turna Apart. Firstly the office was very difficult to find, and I found it in a back-street after being directed by three or four locals. It's a small and very dingy office, although staffed by very nice girls who spoke English both had only started very recently and didn't know much about the accommodation. I was uneasy when they said they would now take me to another place. I was then led, sweaty with luggage, through grotty backstreets to the 'apartments' shown on the photograph. Don't be fooled by the '600m to Taksim Square' - that's just the office!

The ground floor 'apartment' looked attractive so I accepted it and payed the guy. It's furnished nicely with money spent on everything needed to take a nice promotional photograph. But the owners should try staying there! The big double bed turned out to be two singles pushed together, covered with sheets meant for an ordinary size double. Nice bathroom and classy lighting throughout - but AGHHH! -no reading light by the bed. And no cooking facilities whatever although 'Apart' in the name suggests the facilities of an apartment. Worst of all it's a converted townhouse and we lay awake, tormented by every footstep, chair move and dropped spoon from the room above until after two in the morning. We had to be up again at five to walk, like the walking dead, the full twenty minutes with our luggage to the shuttle bus at Taksim Square. Our last relaxing evening in Istanbul was anything but!

I'd avoid Turna Apart in future, but - general advice here - I would also not aim to stay in this part of town just to be close to the shuttle bus. For the same price we could have stayed in much nicer Sultanahmet , enjoyed peaceful evening walks in the historic district (not endless busy roads pollution and tooting horns) and had a shuttle bus from Sultanahmet to Ataturk Airport or a taxi for 50 lira (cf 20 lira on the shuttle bus). We could also have enjoyed a decent restaurant on our last night without having to clarify in advance that they won't add the imaginary 'tax' to the bill!

Room Tip: It's a converted town house with very little deafening between the floors - I think only the top...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We stayed in the Turin Apartments from June 6th to 9th 2012 and thoroughly enjoyed it. We had a 3 bed apartment on the top floor....with a very spiral staircase. I have a repaired broken hip and use a stick when out of the house, so you can imagine the fun I had with this staircase....but it is not an open spiral and is carpeted and became just part of the adventure. The apartment was quite big which was good and very clean. The staff are very friendly and helpful with the luggage. I was very surprised at how quiet it was with it being just one row back from a busy main road and a 6 or 7 min walk from Taksim Square, where as one of the other reviewers mentioned it can get all sorts of transport to anywhere. For an econmical stay in a very surprising city I would recommend Turna Apartments.

Room Tip: I always like a room at the top as you have no overhead noise!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple