“good quality for the price”
Review of Turna Apart

Turna Apart
Turna Apart
Ranked #643 of 1,260 Speciality Lodging in Istanbul
Reviewed 18 October 2014

Stayed over there for 4 nights in 2013. They did not mention on the booking info. and their correspondence that they do not have a manned reception and we should let them know when we arrive at the hotel for checking in so I arrived around 11 p.m. and saw a note on the door of an establishement that looked like a personal home rather than a hotel which wrote the first name of the receptionist with a mobile number. You can imagine when you dont even have a local SIM card, this means "trouble" but by the grace of God, I found some guests of the hotel with a local SIM card that they offered me their mobile to call the receptionist. The rooms were not clean and were kind of dusty but the staff were kind and friendly. I did not see any safe in the room and that is why I was carrying all of my valuables including my laptop with me around the city! But the location is good and you have access to some goodies of Istanbul with no cost of transportation. Maybe they have improved by now.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a place to sleep and explore istanbul this is the place. Safe, secure, and Very VERY accommodating. Great location close to taksim. I rented two apartments for a group of 7 and worked out very well.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

The owner is bad and layer, and many gulf upnormal peoples live in it. The cover of the beds mostly not cleaned. But the place is good and near taqsim and istiklal district, as this is the only good thing.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank MohammaB
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

These apartments are in a fantastic location a few minutes walk from Taksim Square.
It stayed in building no.13 and room 1.
The room is right by the heavy iron external door that makes an almighty bang every time someone opens and closes the door.
Also directly outside the room is a popular local tea room with seating right below the window, which you cannot close, so I could hear the faintest sound outside and the people outside could hear every sound I made, so privacy felt a little invaded.
The rooms are a little shabby but ok for the price and the shower was great.
I had to check out a day early but could not find any staff to help with this, I had no response from the contact telephone numbers which I had.
If you get this hotel at a cheap price and view as a place to sleep only, then the location may make it worthwhile but do not stay in room 1 at No.13.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank peteyp999
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We chose Turna Apart because its close to Taksim square (for the early morning shuttle bus to the airport) and seemed a good price for a decent apartment. Also it had been reviewed twice, both positive.

However I was very disappointed with Turna Apart. Firstly the office was very difficult to find, and I found it in a back-street after being directed by three or four locals. It's a small and very dingy office, although staffed by very nice girls who spoke English both had only started very recently and didn't know much about the accommodation. I was uneasy when they said they would now take me to another place. I was then led, sweaty with luggage, through grotty backstreets to the 'apartments' shown on the photograph. Don't be fooled by the '600m to Taksim Square' - that's just the office!

The ground floor 'apartment' looked attractive so I accepted it and payed the guy. It's furnished nicely with money spent on everything needed to take a nice promotional photograph. But the owners should try staying there! The big double bed turned out to be two singles pushed together, covered with sheets meant for an ordinary size double. Nice bathroom and classy lighting throughout - but AGHHH! -no reading light by the bed. And no cooking facilities whatever although 'Apart' in the name suggests the facilities of an apartment. Worst of all it's a converted townhouse and we lay awake, tormented by every footstep, chair move and dropped spoon from the room above until after two in the morning. We had to be up again at five to walk, like the walking dead, the full twenty minutes with our luggage to the shuttle bus at Taksim Square. Our last relaxing evening in Istanbul was anything but!

I'd avoid Turna Apart in future, but - general advice here - I would also not aim to stay in this part of town just to be close to the shuttle bus. For the same price we could have stayed in much nicer Sultanahmet , enjoyed peaceful evening walks in the historic district (not endless busy roads pollution and tooting horns) and had a shuttle bus from Sultanahmet to Ataturk Airport or a taxi for 50 lira (cf 20 lira on the shuttle bus). We could also have enjoyed a decent restaurant on our last night without having to clarify in advance that they won't add the imaginary 'tax' to the bill!

Room Tip: It's a converted town house with very little deafening between the floors - I think only the top...