“Awful, average at best”
Review of Senkron Day Tours

Senkron Day Tours
Ranked #177 of 428 Tours in Istanbul
Reviewed 29 March 2016

We took two tours and both of them were disappointing. Their guides are drab and dull, and they show no interest what so ever in people. Their trips are so tightly packaged that you barely get to touch the place and then you have to get a move on. The food on offer is the same every day and is not local Turkish cuisine. The prices are also high. You are better off spending the same amount of money by touring Istanbul yourself. You will have more flexibility and will get more value for your money.

2  Thank farrukhk786

Reviewed 25 January 2016

I was in Istanbul 2 weeks ago and did these 3 tours over 3 days. I must be very lucky because if i read the reviews before hand then perhaps i would not have done them. anyway, the service provided was very prompt and apart from the hard sell at the carpet shop i must say the three tours were very interesting and enjoyable. Actually i could have done most of the sights on my own but by sticking to the entirety of the tour i avoided the recent attack that happened in front of the Blue mosque. i would like to again thank our guide for 2 of the tours (Sinan) he was very informed of the history of the City and i appreciate his knowledge and acknowledgement and respect he showed towards myself and the other tourists. Well done Sinan and i wish you the very best for the future.

1  Thank theofilos m
Reviewed 28 November 2015

The morning was great - the boat ride was fun and we saw a lot of interesting buildings on both the European and Asian sides. The visit to Peirre Loti Hill was enjoyable as well. After that it all went downhill.
There was a forced "shopping" option at a leather store just outside the old city which wasted almost 45 mins Then we headed to lunch which was good but afterwards we had to wait on the bus for almost 45 mins to pick up other passengers. Then we finally headed out to Domabahce Palace and Asia. Because of all the delays and traffic we didn't get back until past 7 pm. We only did this tour because we were short on time and in retrospect we could've have done much better on our own.

2  Thank Rus G
Reviewed 30 October 2015

I booked the "full day city tour with lunch and entrance fee included".
1. The Cruise is very nice but you can go by yourself without wasting one hour in a bus collecting other victims before go to the harbour.
2.The pierre lot hill is a 200% waste of time and the cable car is a joke. A bad one.
3.The city walls are being there for you for the last centuries and you saw them when arrived from Ataturk airport. If not, dont worrie, you will see them from the window of any public transport. The "tour" is not a visit to a spot of the wall, is just driving paralell.
4.Shopping oportunity: Oh please! Locked in a 60% discount model fashion show to offer you leather products....Oh please, drve us for lunch!
5.Lunch.... mmmmm what can I say...for the price you paid.
6.Dolmanbahce Palace is a must, and please do it by yourself. Easy to reach.
Asian hill, The most expensive instant coffee in the world while you waste the last 30 minutes of the tour. You can die in peace without having visiting Asian Hill.
As you can see I am very dissapointed and sorry.

4  Thank mrg412
Reviewed 30 October 2015

As soon as I arrived to my hotel they offered me this tour. I was too excited for doing a previous research before booking and I totally regret it. When I started reading the comments here I decided to cancel, but you have to pay if you cancel! So I prefered to do the tour.

They picked us up at 8.30 and we picked up some other passengers for half an hour for ending up at my hotel's street. Even though the tour was supposed to start at 9, it started a 9.40, since we waited for another bus to arrive.

The boat tour was ok, but you can do it yourself for a lot less.

Then they take you to a mountain were you can have a "great view" and use the cable to descent. The ticket to the table is only 2.5 lira!! And you are there for 5 minutes for taking pictures and that's it.

After that they take you to a "shopping opportunity", which I thought were souvenirs..BUT NO!! It's a fashion show and it's a complet waste of time..

Then the lunch is fixed and of course all the beverages are extra.

For continuing you visit the palace which is actually pretty cool, but again, you can do that by yourself.

The end is taking you to a restaurant on top of the highest mountain on the asian side were you have no choice to go to another place. A coffee there is 12 lira!!!

A total waste of time and money. PLEASE don't book this tour and if you did I assure you, you can cancel and lose a percentage but you will save money and time if you do the palace and boat tour by yourself.

2  Thank vrozo40