Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet
Ranked #17 of 1,160 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 15 February 2012

This is one first class hotel in the old city! The place is absolutely beautiful-actually a renovated prison. We were upgraded to the"warden's office" which was a spacious, two level suite with steam and all. The views from the rooftop are magnificent-Blue Mosque, etc. The restaurant breakfast buffet is great, The service is typical Four Seasons quality. The location is peaceful with lots of shops and restaurants within walking distance. Loved it!

Room Tip: Ask for the Warden's Office-great, spacious suite!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank drjscharf
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Dear drjscharf,

My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet.

drjscharf, thank you very much for your very kind note and your "Wow!". It is a great feeling to print your comment and bring it to the team. I can´t wait to do it.

If I ever may be of any assistance please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours cordially,

Reviewed 14 February 2012

This is a wonderful hotel with very attentive staff that anticipate and respond to your every need. We stayed for 2 nights and were so well looked after. The hotel is beautiful with the most amazing bathrooms. Our room 420 had a great view of the Hagia Sophia from the small balcony off the room. The food was great for breakfast - super yummy pastries, and the private tour of the old town that the hotel arranged through their partner travel agency was excellent (our tour guides name was Seda). A great experience at the 4 seasons!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amw48
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2012

Dear amw48,

My name is Felix Murillo and I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet.

I just received the notice of your comment in Trip Advisor and although it is a bit late at night, I wanted to send you a thank you note.

Thank you for your kind comments and your rating.

You are very right that the rooms at the fourth floor as 420, although in general a bit smaller are very quaint. During 2012 we will continue the process of applying wooden floors to all these rooms that make them specially charming.

Thanks a million for talking about the Restaurant. The Chef and all the Food and Beverage team are working incredibly hard to reach great quality. With your permission I will share with them your note. It will make them feel fantastic.

Please amw48 if I may ever be of any assistance please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Reviewed 11 February 2012

Lovely staff, we stayed a few night sin a suite there and left to tour other regions and returned for more time at the Sultanahmet. They not only gave us the same room both times, they had found a few forgoten articles and put them back in the room for us upon out second arrival (and washed and pressed my son's boxer shorts!)

Fun neighborhood, really great hookah lounge down the street, great restaurants, walk to lots of cool stuff. Archeology Museum is the best, and it was empty when we went.

I don't think this hotel had a pool, that would be ideal in the hot summer. Bur we went in November and it was just perfect weather, no crowds.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank michellejonas
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2012

Dear michellejonas,

I just read your comment in Trip Advisor about our Hotel and I am very thankfull for your kind words and rating. With your permission I want to share your comments with the entire team. Specially to share it with the Housekeeping Department that took it upon themselves to have your clothes ready washed when you return without waiting for anybody to tell them.

Please michellejonas, if I may ever be of assistance please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Reviewed 8 February 2012

We have stayed at a number of Four Seasons properties - this one is probably our favourite. Perfectly located in close proximity to Aya Sofia and the Blue Mosque, and beautifully furnished and maintained. As other reviewers have said, however, what really sets it apart is the staff. Everyone we encountered was professional, yet charming, and our expectations were met, and exceeded, consistently. Very highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GeoffB
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2012

Dear GeoffB,

Thank you very much for your very kind note and rating to Trip Advisor.

What a nice day to start the day. Thank you.

I am Felix Murillo, the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet. If I ever may be of any assistance please let me know. My email direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Best,

Reviewed 30 January 2012

We stayed here for five days in November and were very happy. The hotel is an interesting and appealing building which I think would be even better in the summer with its huge inner courtyard and rooftop bars with splendid views. The staff are delightful, the restaurant is excellent and the room was very spacious and comfortable. Breakfast buffet, included in our rate, was superb. The hotel is perfectly situated for touring the Sultanahmet. Right next door is a fabulous newly-refurbished turkish bath which was a highlight of our trip.

Room Tip: This can be quite a noisy area so ask for an internal facing room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Max827
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

Dear Max827,

You know when I read your note, it makes all the hard work worthy. And I know that when I share it with the team they will join me on the same feeling.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write and evaluate us. Thank you.