“Worst hotel ever”
Review of Celal Sultan Hotel

Celal Sultan Hotel
Ranked #211 of 1,181 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 2 January 2018

I am a person that constantly travel. I would like to beginning saying that the restaurant advertisement in the web is false statement, there is no restaurant in the 5th floor. I stayed there for just two days. The rooms are so small that only full bed are available. The decoration in the room are so old and the wall painting are falling a part. The elevator which only two person fit inside do not work properly must of the time. The light in the rooms are so yellow that looks like a candle from the 1700, I was not able to read my night book wile I stayed there.Truly I have no words to describe how bad this hotel is. The service is terrible, specially in the morning during breakfast. This breakfast do not last like other places until 8:00 am. The two night that I stayed there instead of being such a placement time turned into one of the the worst time in my life. Finally this hotel do not achieved four start like they published in the web page and in really this place is really far away to be a four start hotel, instead should be include in the motel category. For those people that travel a lot and they has been stay in 4 start hotel, this place is not a option. Finally I hope that any one that planning to book this hotel read other reviews and research well before they book any time in this motel. Sorry I couldn't continued calling this place hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms are terrible and too small, only full bed available
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Julian V
Kerem T, Manager at Celal Sultan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Thank you very much for your review regarding your stay in Celal Sultan Hotel in İstanbul Türkey.
The reviews like this will always encourage us to do more and more to make our guest happy during their stay.
Best Regards
Kerem TUTKUN

Reviewed 7 December 2017

See Murat at the front desk - huge help and a super nice person. We enjoyed the rooms and the free breakfast and wifi, but mostly appreciated the friendly and helpful staff. This hotel is 2 blocks from the Hagi Sophia and the Palace.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Kerem T, Manager at Celal Sultan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the fantastic review and taking the time to share your experience with us.
I welcome your kind feedback on the hotel which is incredibly encouraging and greatly appreciated.
Thank you again and I hope you stay again to Celal Sultan Hotel.

Yours sincerely,
Kerem T.

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

Celal Sultan is a delightful boutique hotel located very close to all the main attractions in Istanbul. Its about 10min walk to grand bazaar, and 3-5min walk to sultanahment square which has Topkapi palace and the blue mosque.
Breakfast was simple but very nice, and staff were very friendly and were always smiling and happy to help with all our questions.
Please note there is no in-Room iron and Ironing board but they do have a laundry service if needed.
We had a minor issue with our reverse cycle aircon, as it was getting a little warm in our room so we needed the aircon to cool it down but only hot air kept coming out. We eventually realised the temperature is automatically set throughout the hotel at a standard temperature, so we had to keep the window open to cool the room down. (We are hot blooded lol)
Apart from that I would recommend this hotel hands down. Perfect if u want to experience the old city of istanbul, and you wont get hungry as its very close to all the restaurants and cafes on the main strip.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2017

My self along with my wife stayed at this hotel for 3 nights during August 2017. It is fairly satisfactory hotel, value for money. It has two blocks, as we stand on the road facing the hotel, the rooms on the right block are smaller and bit older, whereas the rooms in the left block are newer and bit bigger.
It is walking distance from main tourist places of Istanbul, there was awesome shopping in Grand Bazaar which is about 7-9 minutes of walk from this hotel.
Complimentary breakfast was good with good variety of food.
Overall good stay, I can safely recommend it to fellow travelers.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank coljpsingh
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

The location of Celal Hotel is perfect as it gives access to all the major sites like hagia sofia topkadi palace the grand bazaar n the blue mosque. It is around the corner from Sultahamet Square n my hubby n I enjoyed walking around at night in search for food. We wud also sit in Sultahamet Square n watch the water feature display n enjoy a corn on the hob!
The hotel itself is really nice but I would say that breakfast choice needs to be more varied... lol only so much eggs one can eat!! Also they need to update their website as the roof top restaurant is no longer available. If u do go to this hotel remember to bring travel kettle n mugs as the room does not have.. we had to buy on 1st night! I wud also recommend the double room superior which has a great view. The cleaners work was so good as they made sure to change our towels n clean bathroom n make bed everyday. Thank you Celal Sultan staff.
We really enjoyed our stay in Istanbul.. I would also recommend the big bus tour... n eating at the Green Corner.. it is a lovely restaurant with great atmosphere n food was delicious!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple