All reviewstram stationold cityturkeyawesome citysultan ahmetbreakfast buffeteasy accessclean hotelgrand bazaarhotel is locatedhistorical sitesaya sofiaeuropean sideperfect hotelspice marketpublic transportspecial thanks
Reviewed 26 June 2018

I stayed at the Ramada Istanbul Old City over June 8-15, 2018. The location, including a tram station across the street, and the low-cost made up for the hotel's numerous deficiencies. .I had broken my eyeglasses the day before I traveled, so I needed to get new frames as soon as possible. I asked the reception desk where I might find an optometrist. They sent me on a wild goose all over the neighborhood. By the time I gave up and began the trek back to the hotel, I discovered a fine optometrist two doors away from the hotel entrance. After a couple days I quit asking directions from reception; they were never helpful. They couldn't even give a coherent answer to a simple question about the hotel laundry service.

The breakfast buffet was without a doubt the poorest I ever experienced. After a few days the food became inedible and I had to go out for breakfast. Even the coffee was bad -- in a city famed for its coffee.

Of course, the coffee service in the room was even worse. They didn't even have coffee in the room, but some chemical gunk called "Nescafe."

The rooms were exceptionally small, although this was not a big problem as I was traveling alone.

Most of the major tourist destinations and historical sites were all an easy tram ride away from the hotel -- the hotel's one really positive feature.

I will be visiting Istanbul again in a few months. Will I stay at this hotel? I'm not sure.

Room Tip: Good location but that's about it.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

I liked most is the receptionists all, the location, the staff, the cleanliness,

I found Mr (MUSTAFA) very respectful and decent

This is my second time in a month to stay in this great hotel

I recommend it to every one who is looking to have a great hotel with great location

When talking about the breakfast I found out a five star breakfast especially with MR (TURGAY)
very respectful and decent at restaurant hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here 4 nights and glad we picked ramada. Location was great with the tram stop right in front which would take you straight to the Sultan ahmet, topkapi palace and Hagia Sofia. If you take the tram to the last stop and walk 5 minutes it takes you to the dolmabahce palace. Staff are wonderful at the hotel especially Serig and Haydar who were kind enough to help with all our needs. Loved our stay at Ramada and in Istanbul!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2018

We stayed two separate nights at Ramada Old City Istanbul during our trip to Turkey.

On night one, we were checked in into the hotel at 7:00 AM. I have seen hotels allowing early check ins, but this was exceptional. On night two Soner upgraded us to a suite from the standard room. The room had breathtaking views of Ayasofiya and Sultan Ahmet and rest of the city.

During both the days we were provided with free breakfast despite not paying for it at the time of booking.

The hotel is located right in front of Finikzade tram station, giving you easy mode of transportation in 2.6 liras to Sultan Ahmet, Aya Sofia, Cistern, Grand Bazaar, Spice Market, Topakapi Palace....

Amazing bunch of people that are willing to help at all times in a centrally located hotel.

Room Tip: 7th floor has the suite. Worth booking if not too expensive from standard rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

I was catching up with my friend. He booked the hotel for me. When I checked in they upgraded me at no extra cost.
My suit was on the seventh floor. The view from my balcony was spectacular. My suit was huge. And beautiful, with everything you need.
Breakfast had a lot to choose from. I got chatting to the other guests. Everyone was happy to help and go the extra to make my stay wonderful.
Special thanks to Isla from the restaurant and Soner on reception for making me feel special

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo