“Great service, great views and prime location”

Galata Antique Hotel
Ranked #505 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 20 December 2015

I only stayed in this hotel one night and loved the service. Hotel is located with a few stairs so hard to take a heavy luggage up the stairs to get to the hotel lobby. I had the help of my cabdriver so was glad that I didn't have to carry it as often.
My room was on the top 5th floor which was not easy to get to with a heavy luggage as the elevator only goes to the 4th floor and then you have the take a few stairs to get to my room. Also, the hotel conserves energy so hallway lights have sensors. It is located walking distance from Galata Square which is bustling in the weekends. I had to leave early morning next day and couldn't stay for breakfast which started at 7am but the staff was very helpful and provided me a sandwich for the road at 6am. The price was reasonable so I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Best views are from the 5th floor but hard to get to if you have a heavy luggage with you
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
Galata A, Ön Büro Müdürü at Galata Antique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2015

Dear Yojna Verma,

First of all thank you very much for taking your time to rate and write.We are really happy to see that you totally enjoyed your stay with us.Hope to see you soon again on a longer future visit to Istanbul so that you can enjoy having a breakfast on our beautiful rooftop terrace.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 December 2015

Having now experienced at least 3 other hotels in Turkey, I found that the Galata Antique was wonderful in terms of the warmth, helpfulness and professionalism of staff, the ambience of the hotel itself (and great location), and I will always remember the rooftop cafe with its wonderful view, great breakfast and chorus of seagulls to start each day. I would certainly look to stay there again if I return to Istanbul!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Harris Huberman,

Thank you very much for taking your time to review your stay in here. We are so glad to see that you have had a good time in here and pleased that we have helped a litte to make it happen. Looking forward to seeing you and your lovely family here for another stay in the near future.

All the best.

Reviewed 4 December 2015

My wife and I stayed in this hotel in November 2015.
It is located near Galata Tower a few meters away from the tunnel train, an metro station and the Istiklal street, one of the most crowded streets in Istanbul.
The hotel seems to be old but it is well decorated, clean and the rooms are in good condition.
At the top of the hotel there is the breakfast area which has a great view around the city.
Breakfast was so and so. The quality was good but the variety was really poor.
People, who were working there, were really polite and they were very helpful with everything we asked.
Our room, 101, had a problem with noise at night because of the bar which was located on the other side of the wall. They had live music and we were feeling as if we had a radio playing all the time. Fortunately we were really exhausted with our daily tour so we could sleep easily.
Wifi speed was ok and it was free.
I feel that the price is a bit more than it should. That is why I am giving 3 stars.
In any case, I think I would stay again at this hotel because it was nice and in a great area, easily accessible from everywhere.
If you can, select your staying without breakfast.

Room Tip: Avoid room 101
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Galata A, Ön Büro Müdürü at Galata Antique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2016

Dear Gpagi,

First of all thank you very much for taking your time to review your stay in here.
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the service and found our staff very helpful.
Our hotel aims to provide a truly unique experience so we will be trying hard to overcome these lacking sides to serve you better.
Looking forward to see you here in your future visit to Istanbul!

All the best.

Reviewed 10 November 2015

The Hotel is in a great location next to a metro station and near the trams in karakoy but it has small, tired rooms with some of the staff lacking training. The first room we had was hardly larger than the double bed with small bathroom, no wardrobe just a hanging rail and had no safe despite being advertised as safes in the rooms. When we asked where the safe was it arrived and was left on the floor next to the window unsecured in any way. when we complained they thought the safe was fine! As the room key did not work either we were upgraded to a larger room which was much better but still no wardrobe or fixed safe, just a light safe in the minibar cupboard.

If location is important to you then this hotel is an option but make sure you do not get the basic room as they are very very small

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Adam L
Reviewed 9 November 2015

The hotel is located just next to a metro station, easy to travel around the city. Just 1 minute on foot you get another metro for a Karakoy / Sultanahmet trip. I just didn't like the noise coming from outside. I think it's not padded. The staff is polite. The guy at reception Ally (not sure how it's written ) recommended us nice restaurants and gave lots of information about the city. Rooms are a bit small, but it's ok since we used it just sleep to sleep. It's a clean hotel but carpets didn't give me the feeling. All of all, our next stay in Istanbul will be in this hotel again.

Stayed: October 2015
Galata A, Ön Büro Müdürü at Galata Antique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2015

Dear Felicia Moreno,
We are really appreciated to have this, very nice feedback from you.
We just do our best to see you enjoy your stay in here.
Looking forward to accommodate you here during your next trips to the city.

Kind regards,