KarslIoglu Hostel
US$163
US$124
US$118
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$137/night.

Grand Hyatt Istanbul(Istanbul)
US$137
US$504
US$390
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Very Helpful and friendly staff. Pleasent stay in a popular area but near tourist actractions. The building is new and the rooms are clean. I spent there my holliday in May and I feel very good but be infotmed that the hotel doesn't have airconditioner so it could be very hot in summer. The price I spent for a room with bathroom was very convenient for Istanbul I had a good turkish breakfast and the staff offer me many times fresh water or coffee for free. I will book again this hotel nex time in Istambul

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank hannamiaanna
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Positive point:
I was here for the last few days...it was kind of hard to find this hotel initially but once u know the location, it's pretty much a strategic one as it is close to spice bazar, ferry jetty to Eyup n Bosphorus cruise, the yeni cami...we have fun staying here as it is also nearby to the popular spot of eating Balik Ekmek around the Galata Bridge.

To our surprise, Hairi ..the one at the kaunter (im not sure if he is the owner) is really a good man.. he is very friendly, very helpful n warm eventhough he couldnt speak english so much. He keep on giving us chocolate, made us tea n allow us to keep the luggage for several days eventhough we have checked out and would no longer stay there without payment. He also didnt ask for tip n refuse to accept them.

Because of its location, the food is suprisingly cheap..here, u can find the cheapest fresh pomegranate juice 2TL as compare to other place (believe me u wont find this price anywhere)

Negative point:
Apart from the small room and shared bathroom, the location is a bit distance from historical places...it is at a kind of rural n have a lot of beggers on d street. It did show us the other face of Istanbul.

We also see pickpocketing on the street but trust me, i was doing fine n it happen anywhere on the earth.

P/s - after staying here for few days we went to cappadocia pamukkale selcuk n back to istanbul again..if it was not because of early reservation of other hotel, we will surely stay here again.

OVERALL...IT IS A GOOD PLACE TO STAY

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Farah E
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This hotel has great value for the price point. It is very clean, has a friendly staff and serves a fresh breakfast (not buffet). The drawbacks are its distance from the historic center of town and a bit of street noise. We did not have an en suite bathroom, but the shared bathroom and shower were obviously regularly cleaned. It is nice to leave the street vendors of Sultanahmed and stay in a less touristy area. This is a more native, gritty area with few nearby restaurants. Overall, we feel like we got a great deal for 35 euro/night for a double room!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sarah R
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We visited the Hostel in December and we absolutelly can recommend the place. It is surrounded by real life and real people. They truly want to advice and help you - not only get your money like on Sultanahamed. It is close to Eminomu, to the Galata Bridge, Spice bazaar and to the New Mosque. Fatih is a rough area, not turistic yet, but authentic, cheap and so friendly:) If you want to get a feeling of a real turkish life, go there.The hotel facilities are great, we stayed in the double room with a bathroom. Everything was clean and the staff was so friendly. Again, place highly recommended !

Room Tip: Double room was great
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DietCocaCola
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I booked a four nite stay based on all the positive reviews on here of staff friendliness and cleanliness of the shared bathrooms. The place is a bit tricky to find if this is your first time in Istanbul but this was my third visit. Its an authentic non touristy bazaar street used by locals so you can see real life and not get ripped off on meals.
My room was on the ground floor next to reception. There was a shared bathroom next door which was big and clean, however the shower was upstairs on the second floor used by everyone on the second floor as well as those on the ground floor. I asked to be moved to the second floor but he said they were all full.
As I was staying for four nites I didn't want to keep going upstairs and lining up for the shower each day especially as I had an early flight to catch the last day. There are lots of hotels nearby offering rooms from 40TL including a private bathroom so I ended up moving. When I went back to tell the owner I tried to be apologetic and say that four days going up and down for the shower would be difficult but he became quite upset and said I had to pay two nights cash. I showed the booking.com reservation that says you only pay 23eu for the first night in the event of a no show and that's what I gave. I tried apologizing again but he was quite offended which seems a cultural trait in Turkey.
Based on the other reviews it probably is still a nice budget hotel but ask to be placed on the upper floors where they have showers as there are none on the ground floor by reception. This is a great location to see the real non touristy Istanbul and I would stay in this neighbourhood again.

Room Tip: There is no shower on the ground floor by reception, only on the upper floors
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo