Hotel Yunus Emre
US$136
US$122
US$137
  • Breakfast included
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$44
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$50/night.

Hotel Sultania(Istanbul)
Cancelon
US$499
US$390
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 March 2013

we visited Istanbul in the month of Feb 2011, not the best time but ya just the onset of spring. while making the reservations the lady at the reception was very helpful and responded to emails regularly and gave us all the information that we required. The hotel provides a free pick up from the airport but this is only from the Ataturk airport and its just one way pick up there was no drop facility. our flight was at 4 30 am inspite of that the driver was already waiting there so we were pleasantly surprised. the drive from the airport is about 25 mins without any traffic. there are shared cabs services available from the hotel back to the airport the receptionist will help you with that. The hotel is just a 10 min walk from the main city area all the attractions are at a walking distance. The rooms were just about ok. There was a slight confusion on the kind of room we booked and the one we got so were disappointed with that. The breakfast sucks! it was just boiled egg and bread. Overall just an average place only because of its location i give it a 3 rating

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 December 2012

I've been their end of November 2012 and the room was dirty including the bed,sheets and the floor and the breakfast was very basic and I moved to near by hotel although I've already paid in advance for four days(my mistake).

Room Tip: find another hostel
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank ayad h
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I've stood both at the hotel room and the basement dorm for 10 days, I enjoyed the friendly approach of Bulent the receptionist and the two workers Nafas and Jelal which were very friendly and helpful.
The lobby can get very hot but the atmosphere is inviting.
The rooms are basic and the dorm is very damping and no air conditioning, though the breakfast
is nice and fresh!
(don't forget to tip the workers)

Miad Kasravi

Room Tip: Get a room on the third and ask for new bed sheets!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank miad k
Reviewed 14 January 2012

I had booked a room in another hotel through Expedia. After a long flight from Chicago, I got there just to find out that the hotel did not have any rooms available! To make a long story short, a middle man brought me to Yunus Emre hotel and I told the person at the front desk about the situation. He said he has a room with three beds and asked for $150 for one night (I told him that I want to stay there for only one night and will decide whether I want to stay longer later). I agreed since I did not know the area and did not have any other choice. The next day after a good night sleep, I went walking around looking for another hotel. I found a much better room with 3 beds (I didn't ask for 3 beds; it was just there) in another hotel about 3 minutes walking distance from Yunus Emre for $50 a night. When I was checking out of Yunus Emre I told the front desk that what he did was not fair. His response was that customers negotiate for a lower rate and we do the opposite and ask for a higher rate whenever we can. He said this goes both ways and I should not be unhappy about it!

This hotel is in a good location and is clean. However, the building is old (like many other buildings in the old town) and other than the bathroom and roof terrace (that is used for serving breakfast) there hasn't been much renovations. You'll get a gigantic key and key chain to your room, the TV and heating/cooling system is old, there is a small old elevator, ...
With three beds in my room there was not much space left for luggage and I had to put my luggage on one of the beds.

Overall, I think you can find a better hotel for the price nearby.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank TravelerSP2010
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I have stayed here three times when in Istanbul - it is very basic, when I was there some of the guests were locals, I personally really liked the laid back come and go as you please atmosphere. They also picked me up from the airport free of charge. The location is perfect for sightseeing, it is not somewhere where you would look to stay for a romantic trip, but ideal for a value for money and clean base.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends