“Let's drink RAKI!”

Cuisines: Armenian, Diner, Turkish
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Beyoglu
Reviewed 30 July 2015

Amazing atmosphere! like a second home for me :) delicious mezes helpful,friendly and kind staff very reasonable prices and traditional Turkish music. Speacial thanks to Hasan and Hasan and Rahim :) you are great, dear friends!!

Reviewed 21 March 2014

It is not posh. It is not gourmet food. Yet, I always want to go and have my dinner there when I am in Istanbul.
It is all about meze and raki (google both), simple, high quality ingredients. When you are done with cold starters, check out their fish. Hamsi are deep fried anchovies... yummy! Finish of with baklava - the best I have ever had in Turkey and in the Middle East.
Raki is served by bottles and the smallest is 200 ml so be prepared ;)
The service is very quick, you can be done, end to end in 45 minutes, except... you don't want to. Usually, there is live music, the same guy singing for the past 10 years. Watch the audience singing along with him, enjoy the heartbreaking sound of traditional Turkish music. You will love it. Just like I always do.

1  Thank otffin
Reviewed 4 March 2013 via mobile

We have been different "meyhanes" this one was deffinetaly cheaper than the others. Nice place in an amazing passage, full of happy people, nice tuekish traditional music. Foods are good service can be a bit warmer

Reviewed 28 August 2012

I have dined at this restaurant 2 time in the past week during my short trip in Istanbul and I must say that, especially the second one, resulted to be in one of the best dining / cultural experiences in my life.

Clearly visited frequently by locals, the restaurant does not only offer a very good selection of Mezes and main dishes, but also offers a taste of local culture with provided live music and songs. The locals entertained everyone with their cheerful singing and dancing and the food was absolutely perfect and reasonably prices.

Will definately make it a point to visit again.

Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

This restaurant was located just around the corner from our apartment. The atmosphere during late afternoon drinks looked so nice in this small patio that we decided to have dinner there. As the day before, almost all tables were taken. We started with great Turkish mezes and took the kebab as a main course. All dishes were amazing!! Great flavours and combinations of spices. In my opinion a real good taste of the Turkish cousine. Staff could have been a little bit more present and checking up on you, but overall we had a really nice evening and I would recommend everyone to go get some food or just a glass of wine at this place.