“Home away from home, great service.”

Leonardo Plaza Hotel Eilat
Ranked #4 of 62 Hotels in Eilat
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Home away from home, great service.”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Just finishing over a 3 month stay here at the LEONARDO PLAZA. I have been working here in Eilat at a project in the port (twelve hour shifts, both day and night). The staff could not have been more helpfull helping me servive my difficult schedule.
In the old days there were only two hotels on the beach and this is one of them (it used to be a Sheraton). That means that the location can not be beat. Beachfront property, you can exit right towards the beach via the pool area, right onto the boardwalk and then straight to the beach. It is the second hotel along the boardwalk so it is very close to the tax free mall at the beginning of the beach. This is one of the busiest malls in Israel with everything you could want. Convienient tax free shopping.
It certainly is not the biggest, newest or most expensive hotel in Eilat, so if you want that, then go elsewhere (the Dan or Herods). It was refurbished when it was taken over and the name was changed to LEONARDO PLAZA. I have a very comfortable room with balcony facing the sea. The bed is very comfortable and the room is made up daily, linens changed frequently. Because of my strange work hours they are very good about making up my room when it is convenient for me. The bathroom is large and refurbished, clean, bright and functional with separate bath and shower. The shower is great with plenty of hot water 24 hours a day.
The big plus at this hotel is the service. They are very service minded and go out of their way to keep everybody happy. Being here so long I have seen some very nasty and irresponsible guests, the staff is so patient with them, I certainly could not do it but they retain thier cool and smile and continue giving the best service they can. I could name names; the beautiful Mercedes from public relations is a pleasure to deal with, Udi who is in charge of food does an outstanding job keeping an eye on the restaurant almost 24 hours a day. Because of my night shifts he went out of his way to make sure I got three square meals a day even when I was working nights. The chefs do as much as they can to keep the food up to their standards, they are always cruising the buffet orchestrating the scence to make sure everything is fresh and presentable. Breakfast is large and varied. I would always start at the egg station where I got exactly what I wanted, just as I asked for. The baker is out of this world. The fresh bread and pastries are so good I look forward to them every day. There is always a wide selection of fresh bread and he really puts his heart into every loaf of bread, I want to congratulate him for his achievement. He really made each breakfast a pleasure. The captains soon learn your name and greet you at every meal. They made me feel like a pop star coming by to shake my hand and great me at meals. This service goes all the way from the top of the pyamid (management), down to the girl (Oshra) who makes the cappucino. Despite lines of people cueing up at the coffee station waiting for her to do what she does so magically she would sometimes find the opportunity to make me a cup of coffee and run it over to my table without me even asking, and of course she always remembered exactly how I like my coffee. Unfortunately my project is ending this week and I will be off to Thailand for a little rest and relaxation. I will miss everybody here that helped my stay be so nice. I will try to thank each and every one of them personnaly during my final week here. For those I do not get to before I leave I want to publicly thank them for everything they did for me during my stay.
I enjoyed the pool while I was here. Despite what some reviewers said, it is heated. It feels slightly brisk when you enter the water because it is cooler then the air temperature but after a few seconds it is comfortable. The truth is that this is the way a pool should be, it is a pool and not a jakuzzi after all. They do have a small heated jakuzzi like pool for those that just want to warm up without swimming but anyone that wants to swim or play around in the pool should be very happy. Plenty of fresh clean towels, lots of places to sun around the pool.
I usually come to Eilat every year for a vacation (in Israel Eilat gives you the feeling of having gone abroad and I love to snorkel over the reef here). I have stayed at almost all the nicer hotels here and enjoy the variety. Now I have a problem. I feel so at home at the Leonardo Plaza, I know all of the staff (and more importantly they all know me), how could I possibly come back to Eilat every year and not stay here. I would feel like I went home and did not visit the family. If you want to go to Herods I can understand but I really suggest you give the LEONARDO PLAZA a visit and become one of the family.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room opposite the sea on a higher floor or the western facing part of the building...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank LJGisrael
FattalM, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Plaza Hotel Eilat, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your experience in our hotel.

We are truly happy to know that we have succeeded in creating a memorable experience for you and helped you to have a brilliant time in Our Hotel .

Thank you once again. We will always be your “home away from home” at the Leonardo Plaza in Eilat

Looking forward to welcome you again in the near future .

Best regards,

Mercedes Ben Haim
Guest Relations Manager
Leonardo Plaza Eilat Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
jerusalem
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Young or old, the Leonardo Plalza Hotel, Eilat, is not to be missed. Look no further! It's clean, comfortable and close to all Eilat's marvellous attractions. The food is delicious (kosher) - a varied menu to suit every taste - even a section with food that children relish, like chicken nuggets. And a health bar with seeds and grains and honey and nuts. Fresh salad vegetables are cut right before your eyes. For those not dieting, there are cakes aplenty.

Housekeeping services are excellent. There is entertainment in the evening. We enjoyed sitting by the pool relaxing and watching others swim (we do not swim). There are children's programs and a kiddie room. Want to play ping pong or billards? Fine, just come on down!
Shopping? A big mall (tax free) is a short walk from the Leonardo Plaza.

As you can see, we highly recommend this hotel. We hope to return many, many more times.

Room Tip: There are rooms that face the pool and rooms that do not face the pool. All rooms have balconies wi...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Helmet1
Boston, MA
Reviewed 15 February 2012

In Israel you expect a nice clean hotel, great breakfast and good service.
This hotel give you one - good service.
The hotel is old and shows it.
The breakfast was lacking, for an Israeli breakfast.
Leonardo hotels are simply taken over, logos replaced and barely any work is put to them until they totally fall apart.
If you can go to any other hotel in Eilat, try to avoid the Leonardo.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank pace_ripley
Netanya, Israel
Reviewed 2 February 2012

the room is very clean and comfortable, the stuff was very helpful and very pleasent, did their best, service very qwick and good. the food is excelent, beutifuly served and tasty/

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with innstant.com

3 Thank Dorit O
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Although this was an upgraded hotel on our tour of Israel, we wisely chose to also pay for a room upgrade to a lovely suite with jetted tub and double balcony overlooking the pool and sea. The view was excellent, the amenities in our room including wine and chocolates were a nice surprise, and the business lounge was the best treat where we could check email free while eating free snacks and drinks. Linens in the room were very soft, pillows comfortable. The carnival rides and booths on the promenade created a lot of noise during the evening, but that noise was pretty well muffled with the air conditioning on -- as well as a good location of our room away from those attractions. Buffet breakfast was good with a lot of variety.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the wing closest to the mall, and away from the noise on the promenade to the east...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple