“Great”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jerusalem
Rose of Castel Residence
Ranked #42 of 59 Jerusalem B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 December 2015 via mobile

We took the yellow room, and had an outstanding breakfast. Spacious room, wonderfull hosts. Highlly. Reccommended! There is a pool too, but I guess it is only for summertime. A very comfortable boutique room and friendly staff. Thanks!!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 September 2015

You can walk to the nature park, where you can see to Jerusalem. Nice pool and comfortable rooms with good breakfest. There is also a beautiful garden with barbeque. At the town, there is a small castle on top of the hill.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2015

This is not your typical hotel and thus what you expect from a hotel does not necessarily apply here. It is a small guest house/residence with 5 rooms. It is a peaceful and homely place with a small swimming pool and garden and a relaxing atmosphere. The breakfast buffet is very good with items from Scandinavia. Located in a village on the outskirts of Jerusalem, it is best if you have a car to move around, although the busstop with buses to the city center is very close. We stayed in the green room which is on the top of the building and has the best views.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2014

Unbelievably unprofessional. When I came to the hotel, I was met by two elderly men from Finnland who spoke almost no English at all. The woman I spoke to on the phone to make the reservation did not show up as promised. She took my credit card information over the phone and promised to meet me in the morning to take care of paying. She didn't show up then either. The room was not what I call clean as the bathroom had hair in the shower and sink. There was no television, the ceiling light did not work, and even though I told the two men to fix it, the request seemed to overwhelm them and I didn't get a new lightbulb for the evening. The breakfast coffee was instant coffee and the milk was sour. I spent the next day away from the hotel doing things in town and when I got back late to the hotel, I could not get the key to work in the outside door. My friends who brought me to the hotel had gone already and there was nobody in the entire hotel who could help me. In fact, I think I was alone in the entire building. No workers, no staff - nobody. But wait! A sign on the door that gives a number to call for after hour problems! Problem solved...or so I thought. I called the number - got a message phone, left a message; no response at all! Finally, faced with the choice of breaking the door glass or calling my friends to come back to help me, I called my friends. They were able to get the key to work, I guess they know the Finnish jiggle. I am disgusted with my my stay here and am leaving tomorrow! Don't stay here unless you speak Finnish and don't care about good service, lighted rooms, cleanliness or good coffee. If you don't care about any of those things, you'll like it.

Room Tip: When you arrive at this hotel, turn around and go to Jerusalem. I didn't take pictures of the h...
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Dorinne D
Reviewed 31 August 2014

This is not something you see a lot in Israel - a nice small "homy" hotel, designed with a good taste and maintained by (at least from what I could see) nice ladies from abroad(Finland?).

I real loved the intimacy of the hotel, the quite little garden, the TV/playing/piano room, the nice pool + small pool for toddlers.

Now the cons.
The property obviously had better days. You see some paint peeling off here and there, our balcony lacked door knob on one of the sides...and in general it looks like the owners aren't eager to invest in renovation too much.
It was very challenging to attend the pool with the kids, as bees were humming all around and the water was not very clean(the small pool was kind of dirty).

In overall this is nice and very special place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family