2,416 results
All reviews aubergine restaurant cigar bar the club lounge neve tzedek carmel market concierge service breakfast buffet pool staff nice pool executive room guest relations rooms are spacious pool area is mediterranean sea sea view business lounge martina
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We spent a weekend at David Intercontinental as a couple for birthday celebration, the classic room was spacious and beautiful, with great city and sea views, the hotel's stuff is great, efficient and eager to help and please at our stay, the location is great- close to Neve Zedek and it's restauraunts and pabs, Rotchild blvd,Jaffa.
The bed is amazing, real king size, nice toiletries.
I was bit disappointed with the pool, since on Saturday the hotel allows too many outside paying guests, so the feeling is bit too crowded, we left our towels on the sun bed, after few munites somebody just decided to use these chairs, as time passed, there was no place in the pool and people tried very hard to find an available bed.
The pool stuff was vey helpful, efficient and tried to help all the customers to enjoy.
Saturday breakfast spread was wide, but not unique as it is in Dan Tel Aviv.The stuff at breakfast was excellent, food less.
There is great parking at the hotel, so you can come and go as you wish,
This place is great, will return soon!

Room Tip: Higher floor, better view
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This was my first trip to Israel and I couldn't have asked for a better location. I walked everywhere from the hotel including to the gorgeous beach, Old Jaffa, Bialik Street to see the historic homes, the Carmel market and the trendy Neve Tzedek area.

The absolute best part for me was the sleeping. I slept magnificently! I have asthma and allergies and usually I'm popping antihistamines, asthma meds and so on the entire time I travel. Here, NOTHING! No drippy nose, red eyes, etc. At first I thought it was Israel as a whole, but when we moved on to other hotels (such as The King David), my allergies returned. We didn't have an allergy-treated room or anything. Also, the bed was very comfortable. I'm not sure how they're maintaining this room, but I was THRILLED to feel clear the entire stay!

Breakfast was expensive until we learned about the continental option that didn't include the fish. We noticed others had breakfast included, but we didn't. If you can finagle it, get the breakfast included in the room. Otherwise, it's $30 per person add on....

Overall, loved the hotel! Didn't use the pool area because the beach was right there! Didn't use the spa since the city was too tempting....

Room Tip: Do NOT use laundry here.... Foolishly, I assumed the charges were in shekels, but they are not! I paid $100 for laundry.
Reviewed 1 July 2012

The review supported our impression from friends that this hotel is outstanding. The room is lovely, the bed comfortable. However.....we took an executive room, which entitled lounge visits - the offerings included drinks, fruit and chocolate mousse and no internet unless you pay for it. Hardly worth the investment for this "superior room". Also beware if you are Israel and book online that you will be charged VAT but the hotel will pretend until checkout that they think you are a tourist. I always pay VAT upfront usually. Overall I think the hotel doesnt cope well with being full; breakfast was delicious but the staff were run off their feet, coffee took 6 remniders and half an hour and they ran out of plates and drinking glasses.

Room Tip: dont waste your money on executive floor. they have 2 lounges/ Perhaps if you pay even more, the top floor lounge is worth it
1  Thank CS_travel_lady
Reviewed 29 June 2012

A truly first class international hotel in every sense of the word from the warm welcome one receives on arrival through to the friendly and helpful staff one encounters throughout the hotel.

We stayed in one of the executive suites on the 21st floor which was extremely spacious and one of the most comfortable beds we have ever slept on. Another family member stayed in one of the regular rooms and though smaller it was equally comfortable with a slightly less direct view over the sea. We had a magnificent view over the mediterranean sea , the beaches and as far as Jaffa to the south. Plenty of storage space. Large bathroom with shower and bath but just one basin.

We paid extra for the executive floor (I think there are two floors) but when considering the free breakfast and light lunch and dinner offerings and drinks- all free of charge, it was well worth it.

We needed a plug adapter and this was delivered within minutes. We loved the touch (on several occasions ) of the guest relations manager phoning afterwards to check that we had received what we had requested and see if we were happy or needed anything else. you don't often find this. The staff do seem to care and make you feel important.

One day we had breakfast on the lobby level and it was one of the largest offerings we have every seen. Truly lavish. You won't have room for lunch!

Pool area can get crowded over the weekend but we never had to struggle to find a lounger. Pool staff rush to assist you with umbrellas or towels. The lunch menu at the pool is fairly comprehensive if a little expensive. You can also get ice cream which is great on a hot day! There is a lifeguard on duty and a safe bathing area for kids. Also special lunch items for children.

One can swim safely in the sea too. There is a public beach just across the road and short walk from the hotel. Take some small change as there is a charge of IS 12.00($4.00) per deck chair on the beach.

Across the road from the hotel is a lovely board walk where you take take a leasurely walk or jog or cycle. Go early morning or late afternoon. It can be extremely hot at other times! Southward to Jaffa (about a 30 min walk)or northward towards the city. Actually nothing is very far. The hotel is in the characterful Neve Tsedek area with lots of small shops,bars and restaurants. It is safe to walk anywhere. The main shopping streets can be reached on foot, again not too far or take a short taxi ride. We found taxi drivers courteous and honest. Ensure though that the meter is on or agree a fare prior to a long journey. Try to be at the sea at sunset which is spectacular.

This hotel is suitable for business, families (though we didn't see too many small children) for couples or for holidays.

There is a lot to see in Tel Aviv and in other cities and sites. It is a small country and it is easy to get almost anywhere. English is spoken everywhere.

I will add my usual gripe about expensive hotels finding it necessary to levy an additional daily charge for wifi but this just seems to be the norm everywhere. You can though use the computer in the exec lounge which is free.

All in all it is great hotel and we would definitely choose the David Intercontinental as our base if we were to visit again.

Room Tip: Executive floor is worth the extra for the views and outstanding catering in the exec lounge
1  Thank ben001U_k_
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Hi ben001U_k_, thank you so much for your comments about your stay at our hotel. We were delighted to read that you had such a good time. It is, and always will be, our top priority to make sure that our guests enjoy the best possible experience when staying with us. We are also particularly proud of our location and are glad that you go to experience everything the area has to offer! Our chefs put a lot of attention into creating a sumptuous spread for breakfast too!

We do hope to be able to welcome you back to our hotel again one day soon!

Reviewed 22 June 2012

We spent a fabulous week here. The staff were delightful! The pool area was superb. The bed was probably the most comfortable I have ever slept in! Can't wait for my return in August!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Hi Dave S, thank you very much for your comments. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have made it our priority that our guests enjoy the best possible experience when staying with us. This includes the service offered by our staff to the amenities on offer!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in August!