“Great food”

Ranked #285 of 1,656 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

We ate here in late Feb 2017 it is a cafe linked to the Brown Hotel and we had breakfast here as part of our hotel package. Food was really tasted and staff were very friendly. I had the shakshouka, a traditional dish and it was excellent. Eggs and tomato in a hot bowl with fresh bread. I really enjoyed it. It's a nice quaint type of cafe with lots of original art pieces. The have free wifi and speed was good. Coffee was OK. Food was the highlight for us. It was a massive serve. I was going to have the muesli as well but she suggested that the shakshouka would be plenty and it definitely was. I'd eat here again. Experience was very good.

1  Thank AS_IT_IS_24

Reviewed 28 February 2017

I stayed at the Brown Hotel and Birbenbaum is one of the cafes they partner with for breakfast. The location on Nachalat Binyamin is very central. The restaurant is small- maybe 10 or so tables. They have a spread of 20 or so salads. There is also a menu you can order off of with all the classics. I got the plate of salads, all of which were delicious.

Highly recommend.

Reviewed 26 January 2017

We had there breakfast due to staying in Brown Hotel. The breakfast was ok, good service but was not exceptional. If you look for a decent breakfast to begin the day with, it's perfect.

Reviewed 25 January 2017

I'd been to this vegetarian buffet restaurant down the road from the lovely Nahlat Binyamin weekly craft fair before and remembered it as cheap and very cheerful. Not big, crowded at lunchtime, large counter at the end of the room,groaning under the weight of bowls filled with various vegetarian and vegan dishes. Very basic but surprisingly tasty. You get a plat and can load it with whatever you choose. Looks rather like a dog's dinner. Turns out you can go back with your plate and refill it, if you like. In the past it was a really cheap and satisfying meal (even has cholent - but not for vegans, like me, as it contains hard boiled eggs). In the past, you could eat for about NIS 100 for two. Not this time. My friend and I - not big eaters - filled our plates and, I have to admit, enjoyed the variety of flavors and vegetables, hummus, tahini, groats, lentils,cuscus, chickpeas, etc. We drank water. Then we fancied something sweet so ordered a piece of cake each (small portions of vegan apple pie and lemon meringue) and a small cappuccino for my friend and espresso for me. We were planning a trip to Neve Tsedek, so quickly asked for the bill and were shocked to see that so modest a self-service meal in an even more modest restaurant came to NIS 174. We paid and left, but decided not to visit that place again.

Reviewed 15 January 2017

This place is so great and cozy, wish I was living right there lol great healthy food everyday, fresh and delicious - awesome coffee and great smiley service - cant wait to go again!