“Great hair! Good atmosphere & food, too. ”
Review of Birenbaum Cafe

Birenbaum Cafe
Ranked #270 of 1,653 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Quaint. Simple. No nonsense.
I ate breakfast twice here earlier this week. Good food.

Now for the real reason I went a 2nd time:
HAIR.

There is a cool hotel called the Brown TLV around the corner. They do not have a restaurant, so when you sign up for a rate which includes breakfast, you have the choice of 1 of 3 diners / cafés in the area.
The first morning, I ate here because it is the closest and I was in a hurry. My waitress was absolutely lovely and has the wildest head of hair I have seen in decades.

The 2nd morning, I did not care about the food. I just went to see her hair again.

I would definitely go back even on days off, though.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

Cute decor, good food, nice service. Casual and homey. Food is fresh and tastes home made and the variety is great. The salad bar/buffet is delicious

Reviewed 3 June 2017

though small, it is a pleasant place in a business area with tasty self service home made hot & cold dishes.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Great place for vegetarians, also has vegan options. We had breakfast but intend to return to sample the lunch buffet, it looked great but wasn't' open yet when we were there.

Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

At first sight it's not that simple. Just ask the waitress or one of the owners. Choose any of the main part in your large plate to heat up and add a plate of small salads. Choose your table. And that's it!
You have a delicious as if home made lunch, totally veggie, and you leave the place feeling light and happy! Service is a bit minimal but taste is good and everyone is smiling.