“Anticipation of good food to actually tasting it...Whoah”
Review of The Chinese Wall

The Chinese Wall
Ranked #801 of 1,751 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

We were a party of four, excited to find a kosher Chinese restaurant in Tel Aviv. The hot and sour soup was ok, the egg rolls were average, then the food came. Two words: SALT and GLOPPY.
The food we ordered: chicken and eggplant, another noodle dish, fried rice, and the noodles with vegetables were all salty and gloppy.
Canned chop suey in the US is a delicacy compared to this.
It is too bad. There is a market for this. The chef may be Chinese, but the food is awful.
Nice people, however.

Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

Whilst this restaurant may not have all the bells and whistles in terms of decor, it offered incredible, tasty, authentic Chinese food - not to mention the only place to get Kosher Chinese in the whole of Tel Aviv! Additionally, the owner was very friendly and helped recommend the right combination and quantity of food (instead of just trying to sell us lots of dishes).

Reviewed 18 August 2016

I discovered this place during the summer, when a cousin visiting from the US wanted Chinese food in Tel Aviv. She keeps Kosher, and so I found this place.

It is very unassuming and looks like a workers restaurant, simple tables and chairs etc. The air conditioning worked very well for a hot summer day. We ordered from the business menu, one chicken and one beef dish, wonton soup, egg rolls, steamed buns and fried rice. Everything was delicious except for the fried rice, which I would not order again. The price was very reasonable.

Last night I went there again, this time with my husband, my son and his girlfriend who is a vegan, and my other son's fiancee, who needs gluten-free. We had no problem finding a selection of dishes that could cater to all of the dietary issues of the diners, and ordered from the menu for 4 people, main courses of fish, chicken, beef, lo mein (handmade noodles) with tofu and one without. It came with white rice. We ordered appetizers of wonton soup, hot and sour soup, egg rolls and steamed dim sum. Everyone went crazy from the food, several dishes came sizzling hot to the table, with rich sauces and large portions. My son, who is usually hesitant to eat Chinese food, totally enjoyed his dinner. I tasted everything but the fish. The lo mein noodles were very delicious, they could only be improved by a little more dryness, i.e. less sauce on them. We ordered dessert, fried pineapple, everyone tasted and loved it (except for our gluten-free diner), and sticky rice balls with date inside (the English translation of the dessert into "spherical" gave some of us a chuckle). The rice balls were okay, different, don't know if i would order again, but it was all eaten up.

Staff offers decent service and are pleasant.

The reason I give this 4 and not 5 stars is the lavatory, which leaves a lot to be desired.

If you are in Tel Aviv and want a no fuss place with excellent food, this is your place. I have been to all the "famous" Chinese places in Tel Aviv over the years and this will be our to-go place from now on.

Reviewed 19 June 2016

We ordered take away-it took over an hour to arrive-maybe they were working on the principle that if you are really hungry you won't notice the food. Every part of the meal was bad and the highlight of badness was the desert which was supposed to be some sort of roll with a date filling. You could not cut it with a knife let alone eat it!
I don't know what the restaurant is like but after the take away I can promise you I have no intention of finding out.

Reviewed 2 June 2016

real chinese owner cook
good noodles and other dishes
nice person good service and better here then any other fake chinese place