See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We stayed 3 non consecutive nights at the hostel. It was very cheap, the cheapest we could find in Amman searching the internet. It is in central downtown and walkable to the sites, shops, cafes, restaurants. So a perfect base to experience & explore Amman. The room was a good size for 2 people, however, very basic. The 1st visit our bathroom seemed clean enough, however, the last time it was filthy. It was obvious it hadn't been cleaned as there was a massive hairball in the shower cubicle & in the room. The previous occupants' soap also remained & the toilet seat wasn't attached to the toilet. The sheets seemed clean during our 1st stay, the last there was hair in the sheets. There was no hot water, even though we were told several times that there was. The windows do not stop noise or the cold from getting in. They do give you extra blankets & a heater which in March/April we needed. They accept visa/mastercard, laundry was a good price & do various daytrips. We did the Jearsh/Umm Qais/Ajloun tour with them which was good. The driver did not rush us. The people who work there are very friendly & extremely helpful. They allowed us to store our rucksacks for 2 days while we visited Jerusalem, even though we were not coming back to stay the night. They even rang around to find us the best quote for a taxi to the KH Bridge to cross the border, and showed us a cheap local place to eat. On our last stay, we checked out at 12pm, but our flight wasn't till 2am the next morning. We stored our rucksacks there and they allowed us use their common room. That evening the owner gave us sheesha and tea, and chatted with us. It isn't the nicest place to stay, but it's cheap, friendly & has many pros. I would stay there again if I was to return.

Room Tip: The 1st time we stayed on the 1st floor, the room was nicer than the room we stayed on the floor above.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank PriyaRA
Reviewed 1 April 2013

After a horrible first night in Amman, we went looking for alternate accommodation and ended up here. We pleased with the cheap price, but the room itself was a bit hum-ho. In the end, we actually asked them to clean it again - we had them bring fresh linen because we weren't so sure ours was actually clean, and the bathroom hadn't even been cleaned until we forced the issue. Maybe this is just a thing in Amman, as this was the third place where we experienced this....? First night was absolutely freezing as a draft was coming through the gap caused by the aircon.
They were helpful with booking tours, and staff very friendly. Plus they took Visa. The breakfast is not worth getting up for really. Not overly satisfied with our stay here, but it was better than any other budget place we came across.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Katie V
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I been stay for two days ,the stuff is excellent very helpful the location is in the center of Amman also is clean and nice for the money you pay.Thank you to the manager of the hotel he is excellent he help me to find parking for my car, give me maps for the centre also they have wifi for free...

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Maria M
Reviewed 7 December 2012

Cool place to stay in your visit to Jordan for the first days getting in contact with the jordanians. They offer me a dinner as soon I arrived to the Hotel. Was late and rainning a lot. I remember that hummus, olive oil, bread. the best start. My friend lost the fly and they didn´t charged me when I booked for 2 people. You feel like in your house. Good for backpackers where you can talk about another trips with the travelers. Close to the city center shops around wifi avaliable in some rooms and in the living room. I definitely recommend this place for your trip to Jordan. Just to start, then Petra and Wadi Rum are waiting for you!!! have fun!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Tlmo84
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Spent two nights there and cannot recommend you stay.If you do stay here check the room, especially the bathroom.It's not only unpleasant but a health hazzard as well.
The double room was basic, just two beds and a big fan, no aircon.Beds and linen not been cleaned in months.No natural light, just a tiny window on the top of the wall.The bathroom was terrible.The floor looked like it hasn't been cleaned in years.The shower water pressure was very low.Just a little soap, no toilet paper( as the young receptionist said:" you must ask it before!")This bathroom was the worst I experienced on my entire trip.I just felt dirty being there.
The noise levels are bed , not good if you are a light sleeper.I'd like to add that you will hear every sound coming from the hall and others rooms.
On the up side they have free wifi.A lady and an old man working here as receptionists were polite, they made an arrangement for the last way to the airport. .But the friendliness was not a substitute for the effort.
There are few travellers staying there so the place feel more like a haunted empty house.
The hostel is OK you can stand dirtiness and don't expect too much from concept of breakfast.I recommend only for those who are happy with a place to sleep and don't care too much about hygiene.
If you take a taxi in Amman be careful.Just make sure you agree on the price before you hop in their car.You will have difficulties to find a cab on the street after 5 P.M.
If you want to visit Amman there are definitely other better options.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room and the bathroom before.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank LELIA B
Abbbasi Palace H, Manager at Abbasi Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

this is the new manger fo abbasi palace hotel .. and i am so sorry for dispointed you actually i see the pic and yes its so terriple .. but note the now we are anew mangment and our ranking is 5 from 42 prparity in amman .. you can try us and the first night for free ^_^

i feel so sorry for you .. and i hope that to visit us and i well do my best just let you forget you the room you stay in it ^_^