“You get what you pay for, but still. You should get more.”
Review of Abbasi Palace

Abbasi Palace
Ranked #23 of 101 Speciality Lodging in Amman
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I'm not often compelled to write reviews for most of the places I stay, but this hotel was unpleasant enough to warrant a review. My husband and I were in Amman over Christmas and were hoping for a cheap place for a night or two. We booked here mostly based on the reviews on Trip Advisor but we were very disappointed. When we arrived on a cold night, there was no hot water at all. The room was pretty grimy and I agree with others that you would never want to sleep in the sheets after seeing the cleanliness of them. We slept in our sleeping bags on top of the blankets. It's a good thing we had sleeping bags because our room was absolutely freezing. The room overlooked the street and the window was not sealed at all (there was a quarter inch gap around most of the edge that you could see right through to the outside). It was also incredibly loud-every time a truck rolled past (which was frequently), it sounded like it was right next to you. It was a truly awful night's sleep.

The one positive was that the day staff was very accommodating and when we asked for a room change to the interior, they agreed without hesitation. The room on the interior was a lot cleaner, quieter, and warmer. If you have the choice, avoid the rooms on the street side of the hotel.

While the day staff was kind and helpful, I can't say much for the night desk clerk. We asked him how to get to Rainbow Street, and he had never heard of it (it turned out to be fairly close by). All in all, we learned our lesson about cheap accommodation in Jordan. You get what you pay for, which, in our case, was not much at all-4 walls and a roof over our head. Do yourself a favor and spend the extra $20 for a nicer place.

Room Tip: Get an interior room if possible! It's much quieter, cleaner, and warmer.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Emily M
Abbbasi Palace H, Manager at Abbasi Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

i am jalal habaybeh and i am anew manger for abbasi palace hotel and now i am trying to do my best just to let all percone that write a bad note to try us now to change there opinion about our hotel .. just try us and the first night for free ^_^

Reviewed 13 April 2013

We stayed 3 non consecutive nights at the hostel. It was very cheap, the cheapest we could find in Amman searching the internet. It is in central downtown and walkable to the sites, shops, cafes, restaurants. So a perfect base to experience & explore Amman. The room was a good size for 2 people, however, very basic. The 1st visit our bathroom seemed clean enough, however, the last time it was filthy. It was obvious it hadn't been cleaned as there was a massive hairball in the shower cubicle & in the room. The previous occupants' soap also remained & the toilet seat wasn't attached to the toilet. The sheets seemed clean during our 1st stay, the last there was hair in the sheets. There was no hot water, even though we were told several times that there was. The windows do not stop noise or the cold from getting in. They do give you extra blankets & a heater which in March/April we needed. They accept visa/mastercard, laundry was a good price & do various daytrips. We did the Jearsh/Umm Qais/Ajloun tour with them which was good. The driver did not rush us. The people who work there are very friendly & extremely helpful. They allowed us to store our rucksacks for 2 days while we visited Jerusalem, even though we were not coming back to stay the night. They even rang around to find us the best quote for a taxi to the KH Bridge to cross the border, and showed us a cheap local place to eat. On our last stay, we checked out at 12pm, but our flight wasn't till 2am the next morning. We stored our rucksacks there and they allowed us use their common room. That evening the owner gave us sheesha and tea, and chatted with us. It isn't the nicest place to stay, but it's cheap, friendly & has many pros. I would stay there again if I was to return.

Room Tip: The 1st time we stayed on the 1st floor, the room was nicer than the room we stayed on the floor abo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank PriyaRA
Reviewed 1 April 2013

After a horrible first night in Amman, we went looking for alternate accommodation and ended up here. We pleased with the cheap price, but the room itself was a bit hum-ho. In the end, we actually asked them to clean it again - we had them bring fresh linen because we weren't so sure ours was actually clean, and the bathroom hadn't even been cleaned until we forced the issue. Maybe this is just a thing in Amman, as this was the third place where we experienced this....? First night was absolutely freezing as a draft was coming through the gap caused by the aircon.
They were helpful with booking tours, and staff very friendly. Plus they took Visa. The breakfast is not worth getting up for really. Not overly satisfied with our stay here, but it was better than any other budget place we came across.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Katie V
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I been stay for two days ,the stuff is excellent very helpful the location is in the center of Amman also is clean and nice for the money you pay.Thank you to the manager of the hotel he is excellent he help me to find parking for my car, give me maps for the centre also they have wifi for free...

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Maria M
Reviewed 7 December 2012

Cool place to stay in your visit to Jordan for the first days getting in contact with the jordanians. They offer me a dinner as soon I arrived to the Hotel. Was late and rainning a lot. I remember that hummus, olive oil, bread. the best start. My friend lost the fly and they didn´t charged me when I booked for 2 people. You feel like in your house. Good for backpackers where you can talk about another trips with the travelers. Close to the city center shops around wifi avaliable in some rooms and in the living room. I definitely recommend this place for your trip to Jordan. Just to start, then Petra and Wadi Rum are waiting for you!!! have fun!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo