“Great 6 day tour of Jordan”

Jordan Select Tours
Ranked #1 of 70 Tours in Amman
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Jordan Select Tours is a tour operator affiliated to the Jordan Tourism Board, the Jordan Inbound Tour Operators Association, the American Society of Travel Agents, the Society for Incentive Travel Executives, the International Ecotourism Society and the United Nations Global Compact. We also are fully bonded by the Jordanian Ministry of Tourism.Established in 1994, we are one of Jordan's longest established professional travel companies. We offer our international clients a wide range of services including special interest tours, cultural group tours, independent travel services, conferences and incentive travel.We pride ourselves on our originality and we strive to show you our country in its true colours.Jordan Select Tours is also the ground handler to some of the finest international tour operators in the world.Jordan Select Tours- Expect The Exceptional!
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Overall, I had a great 6 day tour of Jordan. I highly recommend the driver Khaled, who kept me company throughout those days, as I was traveling solo. He was dependable, informative, and took good care of me (I'm a special needs case having some physical handicaps).
I have 2 criticisms of the company- and they might be my fault for not clarifying.
- I didn't realize that not all of the tour was guided. I had guides scheduled for Petra, the Citadel in Amman,Wadi Rum 4x4 ride, and in Jerash, but the other places I did not. The driver cannot accompany you in other places, and I had to do a fair bit of studying and brought a guide book to see what I was looking at when going to places like the Desert Castles, Karak, Shobek.
- I did not like having to pay more to add stops or routes. I think it should be clarified how many hours per day you are paying for. An example is that one of my days was a tour of Amman. I didn't realize it, but seeing most of the sites only took a 1/2 a day, so it was suggested I go see the Desert Castles- which I thought was a great idea, but it cost $100 more to do this. Not knowing ahead of time how much time I would need to see things, I think it is hard for the traveler to know this- so I think it is better to agree to a set amount of time per day. ( I can see paying extra to enter things, but the extra time with the driver should not).
I highly recommend a trip to Jordan and do recommend this company. As a female solo traveler I felt very comfortable, and found the 3 star accommodations to be very nice!
If I had to rank my favorite spots, I would say: Petra, Wadi Rum, Jerash, Amman, Umm Quais, Dana, Desert Castles, Karak,

3  Thank TravelDreams
Write a ReviewReviews (1,068)
All reviews
"amazing country"
in 30 reviews
"safe country"
in 18 reviews
"felt safe at all times"
in 10 reviews
in 12 reviews
"mount nebo"
in 28 reviews

Reviewed 22 March 2018

I visited Jordan for 4 days and the tour company took care of everything. We are very happy with our experience and would definitely recommend the tour to everyone.
Our driver Hani was extremely professional
The car was clean and functioned well
The reservation representative Amira was very prompt
We got good tour guides wherever we went so that says that the company knows people well :)

3  Thank kinshu s
Reviewed 20 March 2018

This was my first trip to the Middle East. I always wanted to visit Petra and decided I would. I found out there is a lot more to Jordan than Petra. Jordan Select Tours was well reviewed and it turns out it was all very true. Marwa was fantastic and our driver, Ahmad, was exceptional. Everyone we dealt with was polite, friendly, and professional. I hope to be back again someday. I will recommend Jordan Select Tours to any of my Canadian friends and family who want to visit Jordan. It is a beautiful country. A big "shukran" to Marwa and Ahmad!

1  Thank matthumphreys80
Reviewed 17 March 2018

I had the pleasure of traveling recently with Jordan Select Tours for 3 days/2 nights with my husband and two young daughters. They are quite responsive to email, and put together an action-packed itinerary at my request, as we had a very limited amount of time in Jordan on this trip, for a reasonable price. I had some qualms about how our border crossing from Israel at the Allenby/King Hussein bridge would go, but all went smoothly, and our driver Alaa Salameh was waiting to pick us up as soon as we arrived at the Jordanian terminal. Alaa is wonderful - he has children of his own, so he is great with kids - and very funny, telling us all about his passion for hunting quail and other fowl, Jordanian life, and jokes and riddles. He drove us to Amman and checked us into the Intercontinental, where he seemed to know everyone! After a relaxing evening, he picked us up early the next morning and drove us to Jerash, where he selected an extremely knowledgeable guide named Mohamed who took us around the spectacular ruins, pointing out things we absolutely would have never noticed on our own. He then drove us to the Madaba area, visiting the Madaba archaeological park (where the nice man on duty showed us the mosaics up close, spraying them with water to enhance their colors, and the Roman road), St George's Church to see the famous Madaba map, and Mt Nebo. Alaa thoughtfully bought us lunch while we were in St George's church - some local chicken shawarma, which was really delicious! He then drove us down to Wadi Musa in time for a cooking class and dinner at Petra Kitchen, which was a lot of fun. He picked us up from Petra Kitchen when we were done to drive us to the Movenpick, which was only a few feet away - had we known it was so close, we would have just walked, as it was certainly a really long day for Alaa, starting early and driving hundreds of kilometers! The following morning, we visited Petra, which was even more spectacular than we expected from photos. Alaa had warned us the evening before that it's at least 5 km of walking, so we were prepared - our guide Abdullah was extremely knowledgeable about Petra and walked with us from our hotel, through the Siq, past the Treasury, to the beginning of the climb to the Monastery, pointing out many things on the way, including the tombs, amphiteater, and the lady who married a local Bedouin and wrote "Married to a Bedouin." We hired a donkey and a mule for our daughters from one of the Bedouins, and they were delighted to ride for much of this walk and the climb up to the monastery, which was many steps up a hill, but worth it in the end for an amazing close-up view of the monastery and a viewpoint over a valley overlooking Israel, with several stands proclaiming it to be "Jordan's best view." We returned to Wadi Musa and Alaa drove us to right to the entrance of Montreal/Shobak, the crusader castle, where Abdullah showed us around. It is basically a ruin, but still quite spectacular and you can imagine what it was like to live there and defend the area. We drove back to Amman, stopping to try mansaf on the way, and Alaa took us to the King Abdullah mosque, the Roman ruins (it was sunset by this point so they were closed, but we still had a nice view), Rainbow Street, and made special stops at our request, including KFC Amman (for my husband) and the Bekdash Syrian ice cream store (for me and our daughters), even though it was really out of Alaa's way. He then dropped us off at the airport and we said our farewells. Alaa was amazing - he works extremely hard and has a customer service-oriented mentality - he went out of his way many times to do extra thoughtful things for us or take us to additional places at our request. He is easygoing and jokes a lot, and despite the long drives, we had a wonderful time in Jordan thanks to him.

1  Thank atrevida
See more reviews
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

My wife, brother, and two kids (3 year old and 1 year old) did a 5 day/4 night customized tour with Ibrahim as our driver for the entire trip. We had an amazing time and everything was so enjoyable considering Jordan Select Tours had thought of and booked everything. We fit a lot in our short trip (Amman historic sites, Mount Nebo on the way to Petra, Petra then drive to Wadi Rum, overnight, then drive to Dead Sea for one night), so we were exhausted from packing and unpacking everything with the kids each day, but it was totally worth it and easier considering we could rest during the long drives. Ibrahim was very courteous and professional the trip. He went out of his way to make sure the kids were comfortable and was very flexible with the schedule due to any unforeseen delays or stops for the kids. Highly recommend contacting them about any private tour in Jordan you may be interested (ours was unusually short and busy, but we knew that going into it).