“Good for short stay”
Review of Geneva Hotel

Geneva Hotel
Ranked #44 of 151 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed 23 August 2017

I have stayed there for 5 days in March for training sessions. Nice hotel, with average breakfast, Room service is very good, quite and clean rooms,
The staff was friendly and helpful.Location in very good also, on the main street with lots of restaurants and shopping centers around.Check in and out is easy and done with a smile.

Conference and meeting rooms are well equipped, and would recommend this hotel for training sessions and meeting, and if you traveling for business.

Room Tip: take rooms that are away from the main road .
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Majed A, Director of Sales at Geneva Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear valued guest,

Greeting from Geneva Hotel- Amman

At first, allow me to seize this opportunity to introduce myself. I am Majed Abu Zeineh, Sales & Marketing Manager of Geneva Hotel Amman.

I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel to stay at during your visit to Jordan, and for having the time to review about your stay with us. Your feedback is truly welcomed and appreciated.

At Geneva Hotel, we strive to surpass the expectations of our guests by delivering the best quality of service they deserve.
Kindly rest assured that your feedback and comments are most welcomed at any time and will always be reviewed. I would really appreciate it if you could send me your contact details so that I could talk to you about your experience in details in order to avoid such future inconveniences.

Looking forward to taking to you soon.

Have a good day.

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

I have 5 days reservation in the hotel.

Really nice service with cousy room in good area where everything near to you.

It is good to stay single or with your couple exactly if you newly married.

Malek on reception is a great guy helpful and smile :)

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Laila K, Manager at Geneva Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Dear valued guest

Thank you for staying with us and for your time by providing your feedback... Thank you again for your review and we look forward to having you visit us again in order to restore your trust in our team and the hotel.

Laila Karadsheh
Reservations manager

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Nice staff but the break fast is just average. The only good things are the omelette made at the moment. No fruits no fresh vegetables no fresh juices. The room was very noisy in the street side. I believe everything could be improved.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Dear valued guest,

Greeting from Geneva Hotel- Amman

Looking forward to taking to you soon.

Have a good day.

Best regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2017

It was our first trip to Jordan and we stayed at the Geneva for a total of 7 nights: 3 nights pre-arrival for our Holy Land tour and 4 nights while on the tour. You could describe our experience as mixed.

The lengthy drive in from Queen Alia Airport went very fast due to the hotel’s strategic location at the end (or beginning) of the airport freeway. Check-in took place around 3:30 AM and was anything but a breeze. A large group was checking in when we arrived and moved through the process with painful slowness. Every detail seemed to be contentious and involved people shouting in Arabic, walking away from counter, then returning, banging on the counter and resuming negotiations. It went on for at least 30 minutes before we could be served, not the best welcome for us after an 18-hour travel day.

The room and the entire hotel were immaculately clean; every time we stepped into the hallways during business hours there seemed to be a small army of staff vacuuming or mopping floors. Our room faced the busy street but was well soundproofed from the considerable noise. The bed was quite comfortable and the room spacious. The bathroom was even more spacious and hot water was never a problem. It was probably one of the best appointed rooms we encountered on our 13-hotel trip.

Although the website advertises free internet, there is charge for it. (Wouldn’t that be false advertising in the west?) The lobby always seemed smoky and sitting in the “non-smoking” locations didn’t seem to make any difference to the air quality. Fair enough, it’s a developing country and public health isn’t foremost on everyone’s mind. But what really got to us was the way that smoking was permitted in the dining room. We were in the middle of dinner in the dining hall when a large group began filtering in. Many of the men were smoking and to make matters worse they even paused close to our table to talk, with no consideration to the non-smokers. So what does the staff do? Well, they bring out ashtrays, of course! That was the end of our meal (who cares if the local people make you sick while you eat what you’ve already paid for?) and the start of an *interesting* night for my wife and I, both of us asthmatics.

The buffet itself was a mixed experience. Several of the “hot” buffet items were actually quite cold on our plates. Many guests would leave the covers off the buffet chaffing dishes and the staff was not alert (trained?) enough to re-cover them. Food temperature aside, there was a large variety of just about everything served: hot items, cold items (e.g. salads), breads and desserts. Jordanian cuisine for novices is a bit of an acquired taste so we certainly appreciated all the appetizer and main-course options. The desserts, however, were universally yummy to our western palates.

Having criticized staff for their approach to smoking in the buffet, we also wanted to give them a special shout-out for their compassion when we unexpectedly got sick to our stomachs a few days later. Although guests are not supposed to take any food out of the dining room, the front-liners could see how ill we felt and made no fuss about me taking a few buns out of the buffet for slow consumption in our room. Likewise, housekeeping staff was very prompt and caring about running supplies like additional toilet paper up to our room when we ran out. When our physical discomfort was high the staff’s caring attitude provided some relief, and for that we are grateful.

Jordan has its own special charm and we haven’t ruled out a return visit one day. But if we ever stayed in Amman again, we’d probably try out a brand-name hotel downtown in the international district. The Geneva was such a mix of highs and lows; we’re wondering if the competition offers an experience that is a bit more uniform.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank septyandcindy

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

For a 4 stars hotel I consider it as a gd hotel, and that's not my first time I chosed it. Very cosy and clean rooms. The receptionist are professional and they do their best to give a perfect service.
I want to talk about sth is very important about the room service and the house keeping I have been in 5 stars resorts before but I never saw a professional team like them! If you ordered sth it will be in your room within 5 minutes.
I didn't try the pool but it's small but there is a lot of wedding reservations on the pool.
The breakfast is delicious and the is a lot of options.
I wish if they find a way to connect the parking with the hotel.
The best thing there is a lot of restaurants in front of the hotel.
Sure am gonna choose this hotel again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family