“I think there was Big Foot in the hotel”
Review of Obaer Hotel

Obaer Hotel
Ranked #51 of 231 Hotels in Riyadh
Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

I stayed 3 nights in room 426 which was an Executive Room.

Its location in proximity to Faisaliyah Tower was the main reason for staying here coupled with the price being a quarter of the cheapest room in Faisaliyah Hotel or Khozama Hotel.

I arrived late due to flight delays but the check in staff was available and quickly attended to me. The bellboy was helpful too in carrying my bag to the room and explaining the stuff in the room. I asked for an iron but it never arrived. Never bothered to ask again.

My biggest complaint was I had a big foot staying on top of me. He started stomping around from 8.00am and in the evenings from 9.00pm until after 12.00am. It tells something - the concrete slab was too thin and any movements would create such noise or Big Foot really stayed in Obaer Hotel!

On the other hand everything else was fine. The breakfast spread was adequate and I really enjoyed the ful. I can write a whole page about the ful but let me just tell you that the ful in Obaer is the best I have ever had.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 December 2016

Upgraded to 'executive room' which was large and extremely comfortable. Well appointed, comfortable bed, and great desk space.

Room overlooked Olaya Street where construction was active - however (!) no noise was disruptive.

The support and desk staff were very accommodating and supportive. No request was a challenge.

Restaurant has buffet dinner on weekends and an exceptional (and affordable) room service at other times. The breakfast buffet had a very good selection with convenience.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Stephen B
Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

You will be amazed once you enter the room. Inside a simple looking not so big building are rooms that has everything you expect from a internationally recognized hotels. Rooms are very spacious and simple yet well designed. They have even manage to fit a office desk and chair inside and it doesn't even look odd. Super clean with all kinds of amenities available as much as you can name. Staffs were very helpful and breakfast selection was great as well. Only one negative side I could mention was how the hell could they offer all this with such low price?? Probably my regular stay everytime I travel to Riyadh next. Best for business travellers..

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Raj D
Reviewed 12 September 2016

Check-in & check-out was efficient; the suite was spacious, clean with all amenities. The breakfast buffet had a wide variety of choice, both Arabic and Western. The problem was the room service(!). The first night, I called the guy told my order will be served in half an hour. So I wait one hour and call again, and was asked to repeat the order, which I did, and was told that it will be served in fifteen minutes. After twenty minutes I call again and give the guy a piece of my mind, which seemed to work - I get my dinner in fifteen minutes! With cutlery missing!I thought this was an exception, but the same thing happened the next night. This time, I was informed, after the third call, that all the guests had ordered at the same time and they are backed up. So, on the third night I go out for dinner! Otherwise, a good hotel (

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Rashed C
Reviewed 20 July 2016

A good clean, comfortable centered in the business area of Riyadh. They will transfer you to and from the airport approx. 20 miles away.
The staff speak good english and are helpful. Bedrooms are huge and set up for business use including a proper desk.
Breakfast was good, plenty of choice even if some choices such as a stir fry could be hard to take at 7am in the morning.
Room was cleaned daily and always 2 bottles of complementary water.
It is next to a major road but the double glazing kept the noise down. AC a bit noisy but very welcome in the heat.

Room Tip: Try to get room away from main road.