All reviews kingdom tower central location health club hot tub room rate business district business trip tv rates internet sauna taxi amenities
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

You can never feel comfortable with this hotel because you will never feel it is clean. Very dirty rooms , no cleaning , no good service and reception there is nothing positive. Last stay for me. If you look pictures you will understand cleaning level with towels , carpet , bed and furniture

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Mohamed E, General Manager at Novotel Suites Riyadh Dyar, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2018

Dear Valuable Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Novotel Suites Riyadh Dyar At Novotel Suites Riyadh Dyar, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to welcome you again to Novotel Suites Riyadh Dyar in the near future.

Mohsin Khalil Ebrahim
Novotel Suite Riyadh Dyar

Reviewed 19 February 2018

My room wasn't ready when I arrived(24hr checkin time) from the airport after flying all day so not a good start. The normal fix for this is to allocate another room but that was not to be. "come back in an hour" was the response. I came back twice in 4 hrs and it was finally ready. Luckily I had a company driver driving me and the office was just across the road so I had something to do while they got my room ready. Mr Abdul Assiz advised me I was getting a big room for my long stay(28 days) which sounded great. I had booked a Superior Room anyway and that's what I got. The room itself was okay, the bed comfortable, the pillows not. The curtains had domestic grade tracks so they constantly fell off the tracks. Installing wands might help this. There were a number of items described online but none in the room. There was "wired" high speed internet but it didn't work and the wifi was slow and intermittent. There was meant to be Robes and slippers but none provided. My room was non-smoking but smoke could be smelt coming in through the bathroom extract fan which is presumably linked to the room next door. The shower is designed so water is not contained within the cubicle but cascades out onto the floor to slowly drain away to the floor drain leaving the entire bathroom floor wet and rotting the door jambs. This appears to be a fault from the original construction that has never been addressed. The door cardkey frequently didn't work meaning a trip down the elevator to reception. I would be nice to get an apology occasionally when inconvenience is created to a guest - but sadly not in the vocab at this hotel. Do not park in the parking basement of this hotel if you have anything bigger than a Corolla - it simply wont fit on the tight spiral ramps. Cable had a reasonable amount of English channels but the TV wasn't synced with the network so streaming wasn't possible. Insufficient coat hangers was remedied by Housekeeping and the laundry service was good. The basement gym was okay but the pool too small. I didn't try the hot tub. Room cleaning was not that great but the bed linen was always very fresh and water coffee topped up with gusto.
When it came to checkout I requested a preview bill. There was two misunderstanding where days that I had not had breakfast in the restaurant had been charged for. Again this took 2 hrs to resolve but finally the hotel make the deduction. The saving grace for this hotel is the room service and the food both to the room and in the restaurant. Breakfast is more than adequate with a good mix of western and local and the dinner menu did not have any bad selections( I think I tried every main course). The F&B Manager should be commended on his staff and his kitchen. In summary this is not a bad hotel for Riyadh - its just average and almost value for money if you have lots of patience.

Room Tip: Front of the Hotel facing the Kingdom Centre
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Mohamed E, General Manager at Novotel Suites Riyadh Dyar, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Reviewed 14 February 2018

the hotel is very good and the breakfast is very good too and the location is very close to the kingdom tower and the shopping mall and the staff in the hotel was very helpful and they gave me free late check out

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Samir Y, General Manager at Novotel Suites Riyadh Dyar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Reviewed 17 December 2017

I had a great stay in this place. Good trained front staff and service. Location was awesome which is right across the Kingdom Tower. Breakfast buffet was good too. Local transport was arranged quickly. Overall a nice and pleasant stay.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Samir Y, General Manager at Novotel Suites Riyadh Dyar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Nice property but so poorly managed. I was the only person checking in but it took 30 minutes to get my key.
In my new room i found an old french fry on the floor. For the next two days it was there at the same obvious place.
Toilet paper, only one roll was already used to the last 3 or 4 sheets. I called housekeeping but they never showed up.
The mayonnaise and ketchup mini jar in my in room dining tray were already consumed.
I had four hard pillows in my room; i asked for soft ones and they had none.
When i complained to the duty manager about all the above the response was, budget cuts, under staffed, and no apology whatsoever...
The shampoo and shower gel tube do not need to be opened to be used as they leak from the seal.
Never again. Too many hotels to choose from in the area, thanks NOVOTEL.

Room Tip: internet code is NOVOTEL21
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Mohamed E, General Manager at Novotel Suites Riyadh Dyar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Suites Riyadh Dyar. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
At Novotel Suites, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.