“Very great , delicious ”
Review of Madison & Heig

Madison & Heig
Ranked #100 of 586 Restaurants in Kuwait City
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

I pass near the restaurant about 2 weeks but finally I decided to go and give it a try.. i visit with my wife .. I tried about 5 dishes.. kale salad .taco meat , something with cheese like a ball and burger
The food was amazing all was delicious exepct the cheese was good
Its lil bit expensive but it deserves
Ill back agaib

Reviewed 5 February 2018

It has been a long wait until Madison & Heig finally opened its doors. From the first day they were open, it was so well received by Kuwaitis. Speaking of Kuwaitis, they are not the easiest crowd to please as many of them "been there, done that". So, if they compliment on food, it is genuine!

Madison & Heig is a providing a cosy neighborhood restaurant feeling with top notch food qualiy. But, I'll be very honest: There are many things that I do not like...

- The bread basket and the soft butter is addictive. I asked for a second serving. How am I supposed to loose weight?

- The lord of the breads is a Turkish Chef. He told me that he brought 25kgs of sesame seeds from Istanbul (that's a giant package) to use on the simit to capture the authentic taste. I lost my carb-free regimen to those crispy simits with no guilt. I am not happy about it either.

- The butternut squash soup is a perfect choice if you are sitting outside on a cold breezy night. I wanted to get some more to drink before bedtime. I did not ask for it, so I am not happy about it obviously.

- The kale salad is made of Tuscan baby kale from Sadeer farms. Each and every leaf was massaged with olive oil to loose the bitterness and soften up. At home, my kale salad was never massaged. I am very upset about it.

- I ran into a few friends in the restaurant. One told me that she had been here more than six times already. I did not reach her number yet, so I am upset on this, too..

I can go about this list on and on... Somebody needs to stop me!

Kudos to Chef Basma and her dedicated team. This restaurant is a gem for this city. Because of a playlist with sexy tunes, well thought atmosphere and attentive service, all your out of town friends that you take to M&H will say "Kuwait is an amazing place to live".

1  Thank yesiminsel
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Amazing internal design, fresh food, excellent service , and fully occupied Nice experience, I strongly recommend the place , I ordered the prime rib and the Avocado and carrot salad , were .

Reviewed 14 January 2018

Madison & Heig (M&H) is a bistro and bakery, it’s a locally created concept characterized by an open kitchen. The name Madison & Heig is borrowed from Sherlock Holmes series filming location as Maddison & Haig pawn shop. Two young Kuwaiti ladies collaborated to create a gourmet menu. Chef, Basmah Marouf created the main menu and Chef Fay AlKharafi created the desserts and pastry menu. Madison & Heig is open now for lunch and dinner from 1pm – 11 pm. I had a fine lunch at 1 pm.

The M&H fine bakery is using organic high quality ingredients, I am not a bread lover, however, M&H made me eat bread today. The breadbasket was very nice. I choose the Simit (Turkish Bread) topped with sesame & sunflower seeds. The Simit flavor was beaming with freshness and the texture was coherent. I had the only seafood option on the menu. I had Local fish cooked en papillote (baked fish in a folded parchment paper) topped with sautéed fennel & Onions. Tahini, & coriander chutney are served on the side with pita. The fish came out tender, and flavorful. The fennel & onions shreds will melt in your mouth. Enjoying this soft fish with Tahini, & coriander chutney, will surely take the flavor to the next level. I had Eton mess for dessert. Eton mess is a traditional English dessert consisting of a mixture of strawberries, broken meringue, and whipped heavy cream. Eton mess at M&H has a refreshing and aromatic twist. It consisted of coconut lemon grass cream, passion fruit curd, coconut shred, lime sugar and garnished with blackberry. This dessert is delightfully refreshing and the broken meringue was perfectly made. The flavor of the passion fruit curd was truly soothing. I had a dark and mysterious cold drink of black lemonade.

SEE photos of interior and food.

2  Thank Ghadeer2014
Reviewed 7 January 2018

The food is really good so is the service and the cookies are amazing. The place is nicely located at Bnaid al Gar next to Al Sakrah. The only comment I have is the prices which are bit exaggerated. Overall recommended

2  Thank AOmeiri