See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 June 2015

The location for the hotel is quite difficult to find, but its one of the cheapest budget hotels in town. Worst thing is it does not have a restaurant of its own. Food delivery service is available from many different vendors.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2015

Exterior is average, interior is very poor, shocking is switch socket next to bed and computer chair is not working. Complained twice, doesn't make difference to them.

Another socket was by-passed and extension cord directly connected inside the wall :-0. Bathroom is OK,
house keeping --- what is that???

Washing machine is there in bathroom, but no connection for electricity and water to the machine.

Iron board --- dirty and rusty, not sure when cleaned last time???

And in a single person room, three beds (oops sorry, two beds) one double bed - but actually 2 single beds when u sleep, u will feel the partition upon pain in the back due to the gap between two beds and another single bed (now u know why it is there :P)..

Breakfast is below average.

Only good thing is INTERNET, which is common in any hotel.

In short - Dont try this hotel, unless you cant find any other hotel (as it was in my case)

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank memon85
Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

Kuwait has so many hotels but mostly expensive and for budget travelers like me this hotel is highly recommendable. I stayed in Room 103, its spacious enough with single bed as extra, has mini lounge, security box and the bathroom has bathtub plus washing machine and ironing board were readily available for use. 1.5 litre also free unlike other standard rooms that charges even bottled water. All staff were very helpful. The location is uncommon but u can easily find it thru GPS. They offer also free shuttle service to airport. wifi also free :)

• Stayed: September 2014
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My taxi driver had a very difficult time, indeed, finding the Continental Hawally Hotel. It is “hidden” by many tall apartment buildings several blocks from a main street. The hotel neighborhood is in the center of a vast amount of small stores selling cell phones, computers, video games and DVD movies.

Unfortunately, the friendly manager told me that he didn’t have my room reservation that I had booked through booking.com. He also said that his clients always book through that agency, then pay him in cash. Of course, I had a printed prepaid voucher with me, but that didn’t convince him. However, after working for a half-hour to find the electronic glitch, the manager found it and all was well. Be sure to have a printed prepaid voucher with you when checking into this hotel! It’s also a good idea to have the hotel’s email address and telephone number.

The hotel has three floors, and my room was on the third floor. I had requested a non-smoking room and also a quiet one. Although I did see an ash tray on the small table in my room, I didn’t smell any adverse smoke. In a very small room I found a mini-fridge that kept my bottled water cold. (There was also a large bottle of water in the fridge when I arrived.) In the closet I found a small iron board (but not iron) and a large rack for drying washed clothing. The room was very quiet at all times except for the occasional call to prayer which never disturbed my peace. The room was a bit dark because there were a few missing light bulbs, but I managed.

My air-conditioned room had a queen size bed as well as a twin bed. The room was reasonably clean with a telephone, a TV with cable that didn’t work, a writing desk and wall mirror, and two large windows from which I could see Kuwait City’s Corniche in the far distance.

The bathroom had an old blue bathtub, sink, and commode -- all of which were quite dated (as was the bedroom). But Kuwait City is an expensive town, and the $60 per night I paid for my single room was worth it to me.

That room price included breakfast served on the ground floor. It was served buffet style and consisted of ready-made fried eggs, humus, potato salad, cucumbers, tomatoes, croissants, cake slices, plus coffee and tea.

The room price also included unlimited free WiFi.

The hotel is advertised as a 4-star, but I’d give it no more than two stars (American standard); it’s a few notches below a Motel 6 in the United States. The staff is very friendly and helpful; I’d give them 4 stars for their good service

Room Tip: Do NOT expect luxury; rather, expect an adequate room (NOT for a king, but for a "traveler).
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Cyclopath43
Reviewed 12 February 2013

It was not easy to locate, as many people do not know the nearby Landmark Olympic Committee. Only 3 Storey Building. Corroded Bathtub, Not functioning TV, Broken leg of the bed, for Double bed One mattress was Soft and the one hard. Limited Spread for Breakfast. But nice and helpful staff people.
If you understand and adjust, then you will have a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank Mohammed H