All reviews rooftop bar language school the ground floor free wifi rooms are basic but clean place to stay bus station family room stayed here for a week different countries second home mar mikhael hot water breakfast was included the location is perfect visit beirut night life
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Em Nazih was one of my first experience a lebanese friend showed me... and even it become very popular and maybe mainstream I still like this place and like to come here. And now it became even bigger
It's a nice place to for sure...

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

It was awesome. It had a restaurant near the ground floor and a bar on the roof. The entire hostel is on a hill with tons of stairs so take that into consideration. You enter from the street and walk down a flight of stairs through this alley to get to the reception. There is cool artwork on the walls and the place has a very relaxed but old vibe.
If you want to do a day trip to the south of Lebanon ask the front desk for help. They can arrange tours and get you a private car and driver if you want for the whole day for $150 USD. It was well worth it for us to do that when went down south to see Maleeta, Tyr, and Saidon.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2017

I stayed at Saifi Urban Gardens for six months, both in the women’s dorm (veteran’s tip: the dorm in room 2 is bright, spacious, and has a mini fridge!) and in a shared private room, and my experience was absolutely wonderful! Quick summary of the rooms: every room has A/C, private bathrooms, and easily the most comfortable beds I've encountered in a hostel. The staff are extremely accommodating (and lovely to chat with), and the atmosphere is serene - except on Friday nights, when there's fantastic live music at Em Nazih! Any issues I ever had, although they were quite minor, were addressed immediately and without hesitation. When I left Lebanon for a few weeks they worked really hard upon my return to make sure I had a comfortable space to come back to. The complimentary breakfast at Em Nazih is delicious and has a pretty wide selection, which was very much appreciated given the length of my stay (there’s nothing quite like the feeling of lazily sipping your coffee and eating manouche with labneh and za3tar in the garden on a gorgeous Beirut morning). Seriously, this place has everything - there's even a bar on the roof (Coup D'Etat), which also happens to have great food. This is by far my favorite hostel I’ve ever stayed in, and I will certainly be back!

Room Tip: Rooms in the bigger building (above reception) are quieter, if you are sensitive to noise.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

I stayed there for 05 nights and breakfast was included. I stayed in private room. Friendly staff, lovely atmosphere. I liked the garden and Cafe Em Nazih :)
The location is perfect, you can walk to Downtown in 10 min and 5 min from Gemayzeh street,where it has shops, pubs and restaurants.
There is a supermarket near the hostel.

But I have a remark to add that in the 06 days that i stayed there, they never cleaned the room. I don't know why.

And for travelers, it will get a bit noisy on the weekends, because there are a restaurant on the rooftop. I didn't have any problem with sleeping though but just to let you know :)

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lara B
Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

Now this is a hidden gem indeed. From its little inn, to the Arabic teaching center, to the self serve homemade food café called Em Mazen, this place is a must visit if you are from Beirut or anywhere and visiting. Youthful vibe, yet true to its retro origins, this grouping is so interesting. Pay attention to every little detail, the tiles, the stairs, the tucked in gardens, even the wooden chairs stacked on the walls and ceilings. It all unfolds as you duck, enter, and descend, only to find the most delicious food and entertainment including hookah at the end of it. You feel transported to the early 1900, with authenticity, only to be brought back to modern days by the site of open laptops and the use of wifi :)
Super special!