Le Gray Beirut(Beirut)
US$255
US$162
US$415
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooftop barlanguage schoolthe ground floorfree wifirooms are basic but cleanplace to staybus stationstayed here for a weekdifferent countriessecond homemar mikhaelhot waterbreakfast was includedthe location is perfectvisit beirutnight lifeem
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

The hostel is Nice and clean. I stayed here for a week and met a lot of people in the hostel. A lot of foreigners are learning Arabic, in the language school under the same roof. Breakfast was great and included for 16,- a night. Also the restaurant and rooftop bar are nice. I stayed in woman's dorm 3, it had an airco and your sheets are refreshed twice a week. I did a lot of walking in Beirut, this hostel is kind of in the middle of the city center, so an easy base to start. Supermarket is just around the corner and the bars of Mar Michael are really close by.
Next time when I'm in Beirut, I will definitely stay here.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 June 2017

I had the most wonderful stay at Saifi Urban Gardens, I had originally booked 3 days, but ended up staying there my entire stay. Even though there were plenty bookings, the friendly receptionists made it possible. As well as the cheap, clean and spacious rooms with aircondition and free wifi - the Hostel also has a renowned restaurant called Em Nazih (free breakfast included) frequented by locals as well. On the rooftop you find a bar with a great view also popular among locals too. The location is perfect, five minute walk from Downtown, 10 from Mar Michel and the nightlife. I will definitely come back, it's a unique place were equality and openness is at the heart of the place.

Room Tip: When you have to explain to the taxi where it is, say the name of the restaurant, Em Nazih. It is well known :)
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Em Nazih was one of my first experience a lebanese friend showed me... and even it become very popular and maybe mainstream I still like this place and like to come here. And now it became even bigger
It's a nice place to for sure...

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

It was awesome. It had a restaurant near the ground floor and a bar on the roof. The entire hostel is on a hill with tons of stairs so take that into consideration. You enter from the street and walk down a flight of stairs through this alley to get to the reception. There is cool artwork on the walls and the place has a very relaxed but old vibe.
If you want to do a day trip to the south of Lebanon ask the front desk for help. They can arrange tours and get you a private car and driver if you want for the whole day for $150 USD. It was well worth it for us to do that when went down south to see Maleeta, Tyr, and Saidon.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2017

I stayed at Saifi Urban Gardens for six months, both in the women’s dorm (veteran’s tip: the dorm in room 2 is bright, spacious, and has a mini fridge!) and in a shared private room, and my experience was absolutely wonderful! Quick summary of the rooms: every room has A/C, private bathrooms, and easily the most comfortable beds I've encountered in a hostel. The staff are extremely accommodating (and lovely to chat with), and the atmosphere is serene - except on Friday nights, when there's fantastic live music at Em Nazih! Any issues I ever had, although they were quite minor, were addressed immediately and without hesitation. When I left Lebanon for a few weeks they worked really hard upon my return to make sure I had a comfortable space to come back to. The complimentary breakfast at Em Nazih is delicious and has a pretty wide selection, which was very much appreciated given the length of my stay (there’s nothing quite like the feeling of lazily sipping your coffee and eating manouche with labneh and za3tar in the garden on a gorgeous Beirut morning). Seriously, this place has everything - there's even a bar on the roof (Coup D'Etat), which also happens to have great food. This is by far my favorite hostel I’ve ever stayed in, and I will certainly be back!

Room Tip: Rooms in the bigger building (above reception) are quieter, if you are sensitive to noise.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo