All reviewsneeds renovationclose to downtownvery nice hotelreception staffpoolsmediterraneanvaletlebanon
Reviewed 25 February 2015

I stayed here twice, once in a chalet near the swimming pool: a very small well-furnished bedroom and a tiny bathroom, with lousy internet connection, another time in a classic room, supposedly an executive double room (430): very BIG bed with a bit worn out chairs, malfunctioning shower and scratched wooden floor, but a nice view to the sea. The staff are always helpful and attentive. I would stay there again, but have to look at the room before checking in. BTW, one internet connection per one device/room, any extra connection/device is for $4. They had a wonderful protocol for preserving the environment and changing towels and bed sheets, but they dont follow it as written on their in-room note. Business center is open for all free of charge.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the elevators are noisier with views to the swimming pool and the sea. The rooms near the end of the hallways have wider view to the sea
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 November 2014

Our recent overnight in Beirut offered us an opportunity to stay in this hotel. Due to the short duration of our stay and the weather we did not take advantage of the hotel's amenities and location to the Mediterranean. We did, however, find the room clean and the bed comfortable. The staff was helpful and attentive as we needed a taxi to give us a short tour of the city and another to take us to the airport for an early flight. The hotel is convenient to the airport. This hotel is not luxurious and it does need some updating but it was comfortable for our short stay.

Room Tip: We had a room next to the pool which is down one level from the lobby.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2014 via mobile

I stayed there on a business trip. Check in took a long time, although the staff were nice. The room, although I booked the premium room, was old and the phone, shower and telephone either didn't work at all or malfunctioned. Knowing this hotel in the past, it is not what it used to be anymore.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Well basically the location is a little bit away from the city center. The rooms are relatively acceptable and breakfast is good. There is no other activity to do there, maybe when we were there the swimming pool was out of work this makes the stay boring. There is no green areas in the hotel, concrete only.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I have stayed there on the 29th of July 2014.
first i have booked booking.com on a rate of 220$, no breakfast, no nothing which i was fine with it.
the very next day of my confirmation the rate dropped to 138$ for the same room category which made me disappointed, i have done as always by sending mail to the hotel asking how the rate can drop 50% in one night and i get nothing as breakfast for the high rate. A lady called Mirvat which im sorry to say it but im sure she got her job by mistake, replied to my mail by saying things that she had no clue about business, she said 29th of july onward high season starts so we drop our prices!!! ive been in this business since 11 years and never heard of something more crappy. i replied back but she is kind of a very busy girl so she read but never replied my mail again!! what a professional way.
when i arrived to check in the same story i told the receptionist who promised to check and get back to me which NEVER happened.
i went to my room the very next moment someone tries to open the door my wife got scared i opened its the DUTY manager who had no clue that the room was allocated or occupied.
all night kids were playing in the hallway screaming and shouting.
i asked for the internet at the desk which was included in that rate he promised to give me the code door to door but never happened.
to end it, its one of the worst experiences i have in my career or personal stays at any hotel Pretending to be 5 stars but its way way far from that, and management seems more careless than the staff

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family