“Very nice little trattoria in Beirut”
Review of Tavolina

Tavolina
Ranked #67 of 1,002 Restaurants in Beirut
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Tavolina is located in the trendy Mar Mikhail district in Ashrafieh. Prune and Motto restaurants are nearby. There are tables outside on the sidewalk but unless you like sitting almost on the street its better to sit inside. Paid parking are next door or opposite Tavolina but the prices are steeper than elsewhere. The restaurant is cute and welcoming. The crowd is young mostly and laid back. Waiters are very helpful and attentive. And to their credit they master saying the dishes in Italian! We had 2 appetizers: bruschette and bresaola with artichokes (carciofi). Both were tasty but there were only thin slivers of artichokes on the bresaola. Too bad. The main dish was spaghetti alla frutta di mare (sea food). It was well seasoned and the right amount of cream. The amount of seafood was generous. We ended the meal with tiramisu (served in a glass) and ice cream with cherries. Both were also delicious especially the tiramisu. They have a nice wine list (from Lebanon, France and Italy although the Italian wine is limited to Chianti). We had a good bottle of Domaine des Tourelles. I will definitely patronize again this place. Check my photos on Instagram: hanan_c_2017

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Food : Poor to average depending on the chosen dish. Salads very poor to the price specially the filled artichoke with goat cheese. The seafood spaghetti was smelling the non freshness of the content, dry and taste less. The Parmigiana was good. The Ravioli spinach was good. The Spaghetti Norma poor to average. No parmesan was offered.

Very expensive but do not offer authentic italian cuisine

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

I had called to make a reservation for a birthday. They said they take no reservation but assured me that if I came early I would find place for my friends and I. However, the manager pretty much kicked us out telling us that the restaurant was full even though there was absolutely no one. There is no way I am ever coming back to this place that has no sense of respect!

3  Thank Celine D
Reviewed 9 September 2017

Gotthold Ephraim Lessing said: To look forward to pleasure is also a pleasure.

We looked 55 minutes forward to pleasure since the place was packed.. and eventually it was not that great pleasure.
Pizza was average, Gnocchi pasta was so and so even if pesto sauce was good.
Tagliata was good.
Bufala mozzarella was a disaster..
Wine was below average and expensive..

Plus location was noisy... i only loved the blackboard where the menu was written.

I think that there's so much space for italian food.
I'm seriously thinking about opening a restaurant here!!

1  Thank Luca S
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Very tasty Italian restaurant in the heart of Beirut. The steak was magnificent and so was the gnocchi. The atmosphere inside was amazing and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The dessert was to die for. We tried the Nutella Calzone and the Raspberry Panna Cotta, one of tastiest desserts i have ever tried.