“A truly wonderful evening”
Review of Bergerac

Bergerac
Ranked #25 of 1,003 Restaurants in Beirut
Price range: US$30 - US$95
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: French Bistro fun, friendly atmosphere. Quality ingriendients and reasonable pricing. Lunch, dinner and afterwork. Bits and bites, cheese and wine...
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

Despite turning up early and with no booking we were immediately shown to a table, The decor and ambiance gave us a comforting feeling that we were in for a great night's experience. That menu is extensive and would, I'm sure, suit all tastes, my son had Escargots, I shared a meat platter and our guest had one of the many salads on offer. We then had one each of the duck dishes, a cassoulet and salmon. The whole experience was excellent- thank you Bergerac.

1  Thank mike4369

Reviewed 2 December 2016 via mobile

We had a great experience the food the service and the staff are very friendly and knows how to advise on the best food
I have tried it during summer it was good and now first time in winter the menu is also as good as the summer
Try the confit de canard and the cannelet dessert out of this world
Enjoy it

1  Thank Elias W
Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

Very nice lunch today with a good bottle of red wine (cotes de Bergerac)! Good cuisine specialties from the Sud Ouest of France in a charming brasserie setting in Achrafieh, Beirut. The duck confit was excellent, and the starter salad from Perigord is very good with pieces of foie gras and other duck. Friendly restaurant atmosphere; we have been there several times and will definetely come back.

Reviewed 26 October 2016

A French/Lebanese friend of mine in Dubai told me that Bergerac is the best French restaurant in Beirut, so I organized my schedule while on a business trip to be able to go for lunch .... and today I had a nearly perfect meal.
The escargot are "AWESOME" (and i try to never use this word)
The cassoulet was nearly perfect, flawless. Everything about the meal was "AWESOME."

Seriously, even the bread is excellent. The restaurant is very cozy and the sofa style booth seat was very comfortable, and I like the area of Beirut it is located.

I highly recommend this restaurant -- also, its worth mentioning Bergerac's specialty is duck, and the owner explained to me the reason the duck is so good is because the duck's come from france, thus are french, but are raised in Lebanon so french and fresh. I enjoyed my meal so much that i am trying to organize my schedule to go again either for dinner or early lunch tomorrow before I fly back to Dubai tomorrow. if you are reading this review, seriously, there is no reason to look for another french restaurant to go to in Beirut .. its "AWESOME."

1  Thank Scott R
Reviewed 21 August 2016

Being from South West of France myself my expectations were very high.
I was not disappointed. We went for an "all duck" dinner.
Pan-fried duck liver was so delicate and flavorful. You could close your eyes while eating the duck leg confit with Sarladaise potatoes and imagine yourself in deep France. I think that's because they use excellent local fresh products and great French technique. We'll be back to discover the rest of the carte.

1  Thank Francois G