“Loved our food! ”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Highlights: Raita; Kubideh; Joojeh

We ordered:
1. Mix Kebab Platter with Seafood (for one) (Prawns, fish, joojeh (chicken), lamb Kebab and kubideh (lamb)). Winner dish alert! What a perfect Platter ! Everything was marinated and cooked well but the stand out has to be the Kubideh and the Joojeh Kebab; my husband and I were squabbling over these two dishes. Must try!
2. Lamb Chop Kebab. Very well cooked, tender, juicy. Could have used a slight bit more flavor but that's just me.
The kebabs were served with fries, saffron rice, beet rice and plain rice. Im not a fan of rice and I helped myself to more!
3. Orange Juice. They serve fresh orange juice but it's made before hand. Even so, the juice was good, not too sweet and not overly acidic and not watery.

The restaurant serves you raita, green salad with feta cheese and crispy bread right out of the oven. The raita is amazing; for the first few minutes, we slurped the raita in peace ignoring each other and asked for second servings.

We were so happy with our meal. Everything they served was tasty in its own right.

Service: Just average. Their food makes up for Ny weakness in the service department.

Ambience: My husband told me that this is one of the oldest restaurants in Doha and is even older than him. I can see how the decor would've been rich for a restaurant dating back 30-40 years. I only wonder if they've ever updated it. We went on a weekday for lunch, so it was empty, save us and two others. We had a peaceful, satisfying lunch.

Cost: QR190 for 2.

Verdict: Would I go again? Absolutely! I can taste the Kubideh while I type this out and can't wait to go back for more and more!

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

First of all the decoration is totally kitsch and old fashioned style, didn't like it. Then something very usual in Gulf countries is that most of the time the staff is Filipino, please don't misunderstand me but unlikely in Parisa where the staff is Irani, here in Shebestan the staff have no clue about iranian food and can not explain properly or advise accordingly. When I go to a restaurant I'm expecting the staff to know about the food they serve and be in a good position to advise. I can not even compare to Parisa.... However the food was not bad, the kebab were good, the Kashk not good ! That was first and last time for me.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

great Iranian cuisine
we had one okra stew and shabzi stew
with white rice
and diet cola
every thing 9 /10

1  Thank bnghanem
Reviewed 25 March 2017

The service and food is just great. Arabic bread is served fresh from the oven. However, what is terrifying is that restaurant workers do not wash their hands after their 'appointment's in the washrooms. I witnessed this on 2 separate occasions when I had to rinse off my hands after consuming the very tasty barbequed lamb chops.

Reviewed 9 March 2017

Normally go there on special occasions such as anniversary and birthdays or Eid, not that it is expensive, but as it is such a special , authentic place which I keep great happy memories