“Wonderful dining experience in the Souq Waqif”

Shebestan Palace Restaurant
Ranked #110 of 1,020 Restaurants in Doha
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 November 2017

This restaurant is a great experience with the ambience of a very special place.
One enters along a long well lit corridor with wonderful decorations to a beautiful a/c courtyard.Amazing decor.
The food is fabulous. Persian cuisine.Very authentic!
We had Lamb and Chicken kebabs and a great selection of salads.
All cooked to perfection and beautifully presented on the plate.
Service was outstanding.Staff speak English
Prices are very reasonable for Doha and the experience was one of our highlights in Doha.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Me and my husband were just walking around and we decided to eat Persian while in Doha. It was the best decision we have made while there. My god, the restaurant itself is breath taking. Truly looks like a royal palace. The food taste amazing and authentic. The staff were friendly. It was a huge win for us! I would definitely go back if I am ever in Doha.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

We didn’t visit them but we called and they delivered their mix plate. It was really tasty and the dish was a really big size. Really nice taste of middle east cuisine. Strongly recommended.

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Food is delicious. Grill plater has variety of meet and seafood choices.
Service is at top end.
Acceptable prices

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Highlights: Raita; Kubideh; Joojeh

We ordered:
1. Mix Kebab Platter with Seafood (for one) (Prawns, fish, joojeh (chicken), lamb Kebab and kubideh (lamb)). Winner dish alert! What a perfect Platter ! Everything was marinated and cooked well but the stand out has to be the Kubideh and the Joojeh Kebab; my husband and I were squabbling over these two dishes. Must try!
2. Lamb Chop Kebab. Very well cooked, tender, juicy. Could have used a slight bit more flavor but that's just me.
The kebabs were served with fries, saffron rice, beet rice and plain rice. Im not a fan of rice and I helped myself to more!
3. Orange Juice. They serve fresh orange juice but it's made before hand. Even so, the juice was good, not too sweet and not overly acidic and not watery.

The restaurant serves you raita, green salad with feta cheese and crispy bread right out of the oven. The raita is amazing; for the first few minutes, we slurped the raita in peace ignoring each other and asked for second servings.

We were so happy with our meal. Everything they served was tasty in its own right.

Service: Just average. Their food makes up for Ny weakness in the service department.

Ambience: My husband told me that this is one of the oldest restaurants in Doha and is even older than him. I can see how the decor would've been rich for a restaurant dating back 30-40 years. I only wonder if they've ever updated it. We went on a weekday for lunch, so it was empty, save us and two others. We had a peaceful, satisfying lunch.

Cost: QR190 for 2.

Verdict: Would I go again? Absolutely! I can taste the Kubideh while I type this out and can't wait to go back for more and more!