“Good impressions spoiled!”
Review of Zengo Doha

Zengo Doha
Ranked #101 of 1,068 Restaurants in Doha
Price range: US$55 - US$151
Description: Inspired by the world travels of Chef Richard Sandoval and the ancient spice routes from Asia to the Far East, Zengo’s menu offers a unique spin on authentic Pan-Asian cuisine. The menu ranges from sushi, sashimi to curry dishes, grilled entrees, and wok dishes. Hand-muddled mocktails, with a focus on Asian flavors, complement the diverse menu.
Reviewed 16 November 2018

I visited Zengo twice this year and loved their food. Once, earlier this year for a friend’s celebratory wedding dinner. Second, yesterday for a friend’s birthday dinner with a table of approximately 14-15 people. As everyone was late, we only started ordering a little past 21:30.

I ordered a Tom Yum soup & Spicy Lobster roll from the male order-taker until he proceeded to take orders from the rest of the guests. There was only one order-taker for the entire group. Therefore, we all had to wait until the last person on the other side of the table gives his order. I ordered an Aqua Panna from the waitress while waiting for the food. Fast forward, I was the one who left the restaurant first and gave the cash to the celebrant for her to pay on my behalf. Apparently, as she was settling the bill, she was given a check that included a “Blackberry Mojito” with the rest of the orders. I have informed my friend that it was never ordered from my end and that it never reached my part of the table.

I spoke to the “Table Manager” over the phone whom I’d rather not name and I explained that I never ordered the drink from him nor from the waitress. He responded with, “No, you ordered Blackberry Mojito. So I put it for you on the table.” Although, I remember very well that I have refused to order after reading the beverage menu. So I reverted that I wouldn’t want to let my friend pay for anything that was never ordered, nor consumed. QR 50 isn’t as much of a big deal (which was already refunded to my friend), but it is about the hassle caused and your employee’s way of handling such circumstance with lack of politeness over the conversation, with no apologies even but only a defense from his end. If you wish to avoid such inefficiencies, one confused order-taker for such a big group is never a good idea. And no, I’m not coming back.

Date of visit: November 2018
TeodoraHrkalovic, Public Relations Manager at Zengo Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2018

Dear ERJ94,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience with us.

Please accept our apology for any inconvenience caused during your previous visit, we are very sorry to hear that your impression about Zengo was spoiled and that you left disappointed. Rest assured the money was given back to the host and that this accident was brought to the top management as we appreciate your constructive feedback and it helps us to improve our guest's experience in the future.

We would really be happy to have a chance to host you again in order to improve your impression about Zengo and Zengo team.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 15 November 2018 via mobile

We were dragged to a colleagues birthday at zengo and whilst the guy who's birthday it was is a numpty the service in zengo was first rate.

Kanan Alexa and David in the bar were superb and looked after our group for the whole evening. Great bar, superb views and excellent staff. Will be back again

Dear Extraordinary563009,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us.

It is pleasure to hear that our team left good impression and that we should expect you again soon!

Looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

Such a great bar , with amazing views of Doha . We just went on Friday for ladies night and it was lovely, great cocktails and helpful staff. We didn’t book a table , but I would recommend doing so as it was busy.

Date of visit: November 2018
TeodoraHrkalovic, Public Relations Manager at Zengo Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2018

Dear Anna,

Thank you very much for taking your time to review us on TripAdvisor!

We are happy to hear that you had great experience on Friday and that you enjoyed.

Looking forward to welcome you soon!

Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

Kannan is the best in this lounge. I had great time with my colleague, Kannan has great communication and knows what need person, very friendly and nice person, great atmosphere and very nice service. Thank you.

Dear Zhansayab2018,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us!

It is pleasure to hear that you had great time and that Kannan made a good impression, we will definitely share your review with him!

We are looking forward to welcome you soon!

Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

I had a casual meeting in Zengo. This place has a stunning view, one of the best in Doha. It was Saturday evening with a special martini menu, nice cocktails served with salty, raw peanuts and green olives. I highly recommend this place for early evening drinks to benefit from the superb view.

Date of visit: October 2018