Swiss-Belhotel Doha
US$177
Amari Doha Qatar(Doha)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$320
US$268
  • Pool
US$205
All reviewsph floorlarge roommuseum of islamic artbathtub and separate showerwalking distancebusiness tripsouq waqiflocation is greatother hotelsbudget hotelconstruction worklate checkoutswimming pool ispleasant staycornicheairportdust
Reviewed 10 January 2017

Very nice, well maintained hotel, within walking distance from Museum of Islamic Art, Souq Waqif, the Corniche and the dhow port - all these sights can be reached within 10 minutes or less walking from the hotel. The city business center is less than 10 minutes by car. Rooms are very large, even so much it can seem that the space looks empty. But they have a safe, fridge, shower and a tub. The ones on higher floors have a nice view of surrounding streets. The hotel also has a gym and a pool, although the pool seems to be in the shade most of the day, since it is between two high buildings. There is also a decent Indian restaurant in the hotel. Buffet breakfast is very good and plentiful. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Receptionist, called Mohammad, was especially helpful.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 December 2016

Finally a Hotel with a elevator, rooms serviced everyday. a safe and small fridge, Gym with a swimming pool and a variety of foods for breakfast.
Great bathroom with a bidet for the ladies, a bath and also a shower.
We were also given a late checkout time which suited us as our plane did not leave till late.
The only drawback was the amount of rubbish and loose stones amongst other things on the footpaths, lucky our suitcases were able to stand the beating they were subjected to.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the corniche.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

Perfect location, good rooms, with big space . The only options to eat are Indian restaurant and another restaurant which I didn't have chance to see because it was closed . Is very near with souq Waqif and also good rates for the rooms .

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

The location of this hotel is actually very nice. You can easily reach Corniche and Souq. They are all within walking distance. Around the hotel there were many local restaurant offering different cuisine : India, Middle East, Philipine, Turkey, etc.

The room is big and spacious...like it. The furniture tho looks old, need refurbished. The variety of food offered during breakfast is not inviting and quite expensive. I prefer having my breakfast at local restaurant around the hotel..more adventure for me ;P

I would definitely recommend this hotel for its location. You can easily reach Souq Waqif and MIA Park from Swiss-Bell.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2016

There are many rooms in this hotel but it does not have a big hotel feeling about it.

Everything seems to work, the rooms are spacious and well maintained and the staff are friendly and efficient.

Doha is a geographically large city in many respects and this hotel was a little far from the area of the city I was working in. I don't know the layout of Doha well enough to conclude that the hotel is in the wrong place for business people generally!

I had breakfast and dinner at the hotel and breakfast scored a 7 out of 10 for me ... in terms of my own personal preferences and not the quality which scores an 8 out of 10.

Dinner was good: not fine dining but I love lentil soup and that was good. I love daal and that was very good. I had a vegetarian sandwich on the second night and there was more than enough of that to eat!

There was a downside for a non muslim. The side of the building I was on was about 20 metres from a mosque and at 4:30 am, the call to prayer was astonishingly loud: better than any alarm clock.

Finally, one evening I returned to the hotel with a colleague and we used sat nav to get us back. Whilst we found the building, the sign at the front of the hotel was not lit and so confirming that we had reached the hotel took a few minutes.

Room Tip: away from the mosque next door
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business