“Great experience ”
Review of Gourmet House

Gourmet House
Ranked #4 of 14 Bakeries in Doha
Price range: US$14 - US$55
Description: Enter in a world of abundance, great quality, mind-blowing taste and indulgence. Is there anything better than the seductive aroma of freshly baked, home-made, crisp delicacies in the morning? Gourmet House, unique in every way, our fine foods boutique, bakery and cozy café gives you a sense of tranquillity, exclusivity and anticipation. Indulge in fine ingredients and take your pick between artisanal bakeries, luscious pastries, fine cold cuts, mouth-watering sandwiches, ready-to-eat salads and cheese. Find the finest array of products flown from Europe. Request anything to be delivered to your suite while it's fresh from the oven.
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

The best place for coffee and with great music and specially the friendly staff karthik was amazing and took extra care,I did not feel alone because of him defiantly the place to return

Date of visit: February 2018
KempinskiDoha, Manager at Gourmet House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2018

Dear Praful R,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

We always appreciate the comments of our guests as this allows us to continue to better your overall satisfaction.

We look forward to welcoming you back and exceeding your expectations.

Christoph Strahm

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

The Gourmet house is the place to buy your croissant (even they are extreeeeeemly huge)for your morning coffee and your breadloaf for home.

The stuff is lovely! BUT the service is sometimes extremly slow as there is simply not enough personal to handle the seated guests & and the guests coming for 'take away'.
Speaking of: Salads and good sandwiches (there are some but they are always the same) are missing in their range of take away products.
I am also convienced that it is time to change coffee type. They have a wonderful manual coffee machine but the coffee itself is way to bitter and has a not nice after taste.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank Dohastyle
KempinskiDoha, General Manager at Gourmet House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Dear Dohastyle,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back and exceeding your expectations.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

I ordered a birthday cake for my friend's daughter and had everyone raving about it, since then Gourmet shop has become my one and only stop shop for all the bakery/pastry requirements, What is amazing is that they have great quality products, the prices are nominal and they also run a happy hour for all their pastries. Chef Mohammad islam is very passionate about his work and always amazes me with his creativity.

Date of visit: April 2017
KempinskiDoha, General Manager at Gourmet House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

Dear ardent1232017,

Thank you for your incredible review.
I am delighted to hear that we were not only able to be a part of your friend's daughters birthday, but that it was a huge success.

We look forward to making many more occasions memorable.

Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

one of my friends suggested me in gourmet house because my son was having a birthday and i need a good cake, then i meet chef Mohammed to ask him if he can make a cake for me that my son wanted i ask him if he can make the design cake then he told me he will do the cake,when the day i pick up the cake im so happy with the result the cake was very awesome and my son was really happy on the cake im very thankful of chef Mohammed this is one of the best cake I've ever seen, also the the taste is very good Im very happy and satisfied on the cake i order thank you chef Mohammed for making my son cake and for sure i will order more cake and pastries on gourmet house,thank you for being so nice and creative

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank carla8392
KempinskiDoha, General Manager at Gourmet House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2017

Dear carla8392,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

It is always warming to hear that we were not only able to satisfy our guests but add that special touch to an extra special occasion. It will be my absolute pleasure to extend your gratitude to the pastry team and we look forward to being part of many more occasions.

Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

I've been in doha Qatar and my experience in kempinski residence was really great especially in there gourmet house I've taken some photos to show around my friends how the chefs make this high,wonderful and amazing creations I've been in hongkong, singapore,Thailand and other countries I had high tea in shangi-la, Intercontinental,Goodwood park and other hotel but the high tea in kempinski gourmet was such a stunner. I will definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family if they going in Doha Qatar...

Date of visit: November 2016
KempinskiDoha, General Manager at Gourmet House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2016

Dear ire1009,

Thank you for writing this incredible review about your experience in Gourmet House.

It is always a pleasure to hear the feedback of not only an experienced traveler but also a foodie.

We look forward to welcoming you back for many more occasions.