“Bento at the Toki”

Ranked #109 of 2,190 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 March 2017

my colleague and I had an excellent Bento dinner at the Toki last week .
Service ,ambiance and food quality were great. One tiny criticism the measures of Sake are a little mean for the price paid.

Reviewed 5 February 2017

I have been coming to Toki for a very long time now. From the time, they started out with a single restaurant i.e. WASABI in Al Diar Mina Hotel to another restaurant in Al Ain Palace (which no longer exists), I have been very pleased with what this restaurant has to offer. the first time I had Japanese food was at WASABI and I believe after eating Japanese food all over the UAE, I keep finding my way back here.

They have a choice of sitting in single cabins (traditional Japanese style) or you can opt for the normal table option.

Our Starters are usually plates of rolls or a sushi boat, and my fav is the Scallop roll... it's quite filling and delicious so I usually order one plate for myself.
I make it a point to try something new every time I am there and the last time I was there, I ordered the following
Pink Tiger Roll, Spider Roll, Sautéed Scallops, Kaki Roll, Sautéed Clams in Sake. Braised Pork Ramen (really good!!) and finished off with a must have,
Green Tea Ice Cream (not sure if they make it here but I have not tasted a better version in Abu Dhabi before). Also if you have a specific dish which may not be on the menu, I believe they can make it for you if they have the ingredients, so do not hesitate to ask.

Overall the staff are very friendly and extremely knowledgeable about the menu, so hats off to them and the Management for giving us a delightful experience.

4  Thank Maynard M
Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

The best sashimi I've had in a long time: satiny-smooth and just divine! I ordered the 'create a meal' with the salmon carpaccio. The chef added a few little extras which is always a nice touch. Will definitely come back!

1  Thank Beckthter
Reviewed 4 January 2017

We booked only two hours in advance, but the restaurant was gladly able to accommodate us.

It is a quiet restaurant, with plenty of privacy available, and the service is unobtrusive, but excellent.

We ordered a teppanyaki meal, and it was stunningly good. It came with miso soup and rice, and complimentary sushi. The teppanyaki itself was perfectly prepared, with interesting sauces. Of particular note was the melt-in-the-mouth beef. Amazing.

Thank you, Toki (and the Hilton), for a lovely evening.

1  Thank ab659
Reviewed 14 November 2016

We are staying at the Hilton Abu Dhabi and decided to choose an in-house restaurant for our first night. Toki was very impressive from the moment we walked in. We were seated at a nice private table and there was a bell that could be pressed for service. The staff were so attentive that this was rarely used. We were given a complimentary sushi starter and green tea. We had a really good meal and would definitely recommend the seafood dumplings. Khei delivered us a 5* service throughout our meal and we would definitely come here again. Next time would order more sushi!

1  Thank peahen57