All reviews al wahda mall washing machine bus station small kitchen heart of the city huge mall nice place to stay breakfast staff the location is perfect valet parking tv channels home away from home spacious room long stay clean hotel business stay room service is
Reviewed 3 September 2016

HAving stayed at the hotel previously for a long term stay (more than a year), I chose to return here again for another long term stay. While this is an older property it is undergoing updates, new drapes, rugs, appliances, furniture covering, LED TV, improved cable TV and Wi FI as well as improvements in the lobby. The hotel is located on Old Airport Road opposite the side entrance to the Al Wahda Mall which is the largest in Abu Dhabi. In addtion, it is at the edge of the downtown business district so there is only a ten minute taxi ride to the center of the city. If you rent or lease a vehicle, there is free valet parking which in Abu Dhabi is a necessary as parking is limited and expensive. This hotel is an excellant value for the money especially if you are planning a long term stay as you can receive a reduced rate depending on the length of your stay. However, the government has recently added an additional tax on top of the 15% tourism tax of 4% of the billing to a combined rate of 19% plus 12.50 US dollars. In January of 2017, a VAT tax will be in effect for purchases other than medical, food and education fees. Expats have to pay for the education of their school age children so if you are arriving with your family, ask your employer about the company paying the school fees (which are expensive) or plan to cover this cost when you budget. Hoep this helps, Abu Dhabi is a safe city with street crime the exception. Welcome to those coming who plan to visit or accept positions here.

Date of stay: August 2016
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
William M, General Manager at Al Rawda Arjaan by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your personal Al Rawda Arjaan experience.

We are pleased to know that you had enjoyed your stay with us and were surprised with our facilities and services. Your positive comment and feedback is always helpful for us to identify areas for improvement and will definitely be shared to our colleagues.

Once again, thank you very much for taking the time for giving us your valuable feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Al Rawda Arjaan.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

The Al Rawda Arjaan in Abu Dhabi makes you feel very comfortable and gives you the feel of a home away from home! A good feel when you are traveling as much as I do. The hotel staff are very helpful, the location is great and all the amenities one needs including free wifi is available. I would always stay here when I am in Abu Dhabi

Room tip: The higher you go the better
Date of stay: August 2016
Review collected in partnership with Rotana Hotels
William M, General Manager at Al Rawda Arjaan by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

Reviewed 4 August 2016

Wow, I don’t even know where to start! So first things first.

Dear All (at Al Rawda Arjaan),

A big hug to you, thank you for going the extra mile, for being my friends, brothers and sisters. For worrying when I looked (and was unwell and had no one else to ask me with such blunt concern :D since I was away from my family and refused to acknowledge that I was indeed a bit (okay…a lot) feverish for days! ) and thank you for sitting me down for tea and goodies in the lobby, when I wasn’t eating. Not that I realized at the time that I had unconsciously started eating over casual chatting :)

You are an amazing bunch and hope you go a long long way in the hospitality business very soon (as u more than deserve it) and also may you be granted happiness and success in life, in general, for that is how I remember and pray for you in my life, here, away from my second family, you all.

I recommend visiting Abu Dhabi for a more laid back relaxed atmosphere than Dubai every once in a while and I very highly recommend Al Rawda Arjaan. In the beginning they will seem like just a very good natured hospitable group but if you are lucky to stay long enough to notice, you will see the goodness I was fortunate to receive.

Now the details/Review for a long term stay (and a short term stay):

Last year, when I very excitedly went on my way to the UAE as an Expat, the part about finding a place to call home in a foreign land was not of a huge concern. I thought there would be a ton of easy options to choose from. Now the thing with being in contract and risk management is, you learn to identify it. When I reached I lived out of the grand millennium (as I have already reviewed them on this site,love the gym!) but I felt like I needed an apartment of my own. Every time I looked for an independent one, even on Al Reem Island, there was a post dated cheque condition along with it. Given the fact that UAE is a bit unsure about budget cuts nowadays I didn’t want to start anything that would land me in debt at any stage. Cutting the long story short, I went to Al Rawda Arjaan by Rotana in the beginning. Then I went to regular apartments over a period of a month. Al Rawda stuck in my head all through. It was more like “it chose me”!

When I calculated overall monthly expenses, it was in the centre of the city, a four minute cab drive to and from work (8 minutes even with two traffic lights in the morning). Since Abu Dhabi has a dearth of parking, I didn’t have to pay parking tickets, lease or buy a car and be stuck for hours trying to find a parking spot. People who paid postdated cheques and rented places, leased cars, payed electricity and other bills actually were paying more :D ! So I moved into my very first apartment at Al Rawda Arjaan by Rotana on Airport Road, close enough to the beach for it to be not humid and literally (I know that's not the best word :D, literature-wise) next to the award winning and fully stocked Al Wahda Mall. Close to all the major shopping areas, eateries, bus stands, the main bus terminal. If I were you and staying in Abu Dhabi, I’d google all the options in Al Wahda Mall. Heaven!

Now, the people. I didn’t even remotely imagine I’d find such kindness in my building. My prime concern was being in a branded building and feeling secure because of the name associated with it (yes, I know UAE is safe overall but still, force of habit). Everything was settled over the phone so I did not have the pleasure of meeting anyone in the beginning but starting from the hotel manager Mulham Abdeen ( may life always smile upon you), Caryn Ann - Marketing and Sales Manager( my dear friend, I hope to see you again, may your smile never fade), to the front desk managers, always attentive and present (always standing….not even sitting!) Michelle, Tirhas, Mohammed (I miss you all, hepful and perfectly courtious and exchanging and discussing the occasional plans for days off for us al), to housekeeping, Meskerem( the most dedicatedly hard working young lady and pleasant! may life offer you the best!), Moon ( i wish you success)…to Anand and the gentle Sri Lankan gentleman who would drop and pick guests up at the airport (you are in my prayers for good fortune) and everyone else who I am missing here, it has been a great honor and simply a worry free time with every one of you. Because of you I could work as late as work required and felt completely pampered. Although I have stayed at Towers Rotana, Villa Rotana and a bunch of other Rotanas around Dubai as well (yep, I’m brand loyal :D but all because of this lovely experience) but really, this one particular building is the best in terms of service and high standard <3 ! The other branches just couldn’t match it, which is MY true blue experience. Once, I was told that this specific building projects a family-type atmosphere and that is exactly what it does.

An Extra note: I even ditched 2016 New Year celebrations at Dubai or parties in Abu Dhabi to ring in the New Year with this bunch here at midnight. Why? Because I figured they do so much for people who stay and leave and generally don’t get an opportunity to look back, maybe we can throw a bit of a surprise new year party in the reception area for everyone on duty then to show some appreciation? We watched the fireworks on TV in the lobby, missed everyone who wasn’t on duty, got a few guests to join in while they came back from their late night dinners and I didn’t regret staying HOME for an instant!

P.S. They have this distinctive air freshener fragrance, you won’t find it anywhere else in the world, trust me, I checked most of it :)

Room tip: Ask for a room with a view of Al Reem, it's a nice view early morning and at night :)
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
William M, General Manager at Al Rawda Arjaan by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted to read your wonderful comments and my sincere thanks to you for taking the time and also for your thoughtfulness. It is indeed encouraging and motivating for me and my team.

it's nice to know that you had enjoyed stay and that we made you feel like you had your family here in Abu Dhabi.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Al Rawda Arjaan for another memorable and treasured experience.

Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

Best hotel. Best staff. Free wi fi. Free valet parking. Great location. Helpful people. Spacious rooms. Very clean. You got more than what you paid for. My choice always in abu dhabi. Great hotel. Nice staff. Excellent choice. Near by groceries. Near by restaurants.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
William M, General Manager at Al Rawda Arjaan by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Al Rawda Arjaan for another memorable experience and assure you of our best attention at all times.

Reviewed 10 July 2016

This hotel is phenomenal for the price. Its very easy to get to from the hotel and right off a main street for ease of travel ... very safe part of town .. tons to do nearby and all of it easily walkable .. the VALET parking is very fast and very inexpensive ... The hotel is located right next to a HUGE mall which is great for keeping the wife and kids happy while I am at work ... The rooms are large and very comfortable ... The breakfast carries everything I needed and had a wide variety of mostly American and British breakfast items and the eggs were made fresh and to order... The front Staff make checking in quick and a pleasure which is important because I had just completed a 23 hour flight to get there... I have stayed here many times and I will definitely stay there again ... I am a PLATNUM for Marriot and a DIAMOND for HILTON and my company allows me to stay virtually wherever I want - but I (along with my colleagues) have found that this is a great little hidden gem and will continue to stay here...

Date of stay: June 2016
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
William M, General Manager at Al Rawda Arjaan by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2016