“Amazing food let down by dire entertainment ”

Giornotte Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Giornotte Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #154 of 2,214 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Designed to resemble a classic Italian villa, the all-day dining restaurant serving light Mediterranean fare features a lovely outdoor brick patio with a wooden deck overlooking the gardens. Open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and Friday Brunch.
Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

Stunning location
Incredible food, seafood selection was unsurpassed by any other brunch we've tried in Abu Dhabi.
Crab claws so succulent and juicy
Ceviche was lovely as were the fresh oysters
Sushi fresh, seared tuna tasty
Scallops pan seared In front of you
Enormous side of beef that was soft and tender as butter
Great cheese room although the crackers were stale
The cocktail stations were done well, moreish Cosmopolitans, pimms and mojitos.
The staff were relaxed, friendly and attentive. Faultless
Special mention to Peter who was a fabulous host circulating, talking to each table and whose attention to detail was great. Barely started eating crab claws and a finger bowl arrived.

Should have been a 5 star brunch experience but unfortunately was let down by the singer who was so loud and out of tune that it bordered on bad karaoke!Started out funny that it was so bad but after a while just was irritating and unpleasant -
Shame when everything else was so good

Enza C, Food & Beverage Sales Manager at Giornotte Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2016

Dear Shivaom6,

Greetings from The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, grand Canal !

Thank you for taking the time to review your dining experience in Giornotte ! We are thrilled about your beautiful comments regarding our food (and seafood!) and variety ! The service team is also extremely pleased that you enjoyed their genuine service and care. I have well noted your comments regarding our entertainment and we value your feedback immensely.

We truly hope you will be able to join us again soon for another Brunch !

Reviewed 8 October 2016

went to brunch here with a party of eight , great selection of food...loved the dim sums and dynamite prawns.
Great live cooking stations.
Only negative was the roast beef....some of my group were disappointed as the beef was removed from the menu due to an issue.

overall great experience though and I will be back

Dear Mr. DBAKSouthern,

Greetings from The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal !

Thank you for taking the time to review your dining experience in Giornotte ! We are thrilled you and your party enjoyed your Brunch with us ! The dynamite prawns are indeed absolutely divine ! Regarding the Wagyu Beef Carving, have no fear it has not been removed from the menu and will be present at all of our Brunches. The only reason it was removed during your lunch is that a glass had broken in the area and that for safety precautions, we decided to remove it on that day. But it will definitely be back !

We truly hope you will be able to visit us again soon !

Reviewed 7 October 2016

Relaxing after my second visit to the Friday Brunch at the Ritz-Carlton. I was just as pleased as the first time. I enjoyed the variety of foods and the dessert room was unbelievable. What a great place to indulge in my vice for sweets. I'm surprised that the brunch isn't overflowing with guests. With that said, the only drawback is trying to get someone to answer the phone for a reservation. Perhaps, there needs to be an online reservation option when a live person can't be available. Because I knew the experience would be worth the additional effort, I continued to call. I'm certain many guests would have given up after calling the first 3 times.

Dear Regina B.,

Greetings from The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal !

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your dining experience in Giornotte Brunch. We are thrilled you enjoyed the variety of food offered and that you enjoyed your time with us. Concerning the reservation, I truly apologies that it was difficult to get hold us. Please in the future feel free to call directly Restaurant Reservation 02.818.8282 as there is an agent present everyday from 10am to 9pm.

I truly hope you will be able to visit our restaurant again.

Reviewed 17 September 2016

We (family and friends) had the most wonderful brunch there yesterday. We were seated at a really good table far enough away from the band to have conversation yet near enough to appreciate the live music. Our waitress, Vivi, was a delight, explaining about the food stations as soon as we arrived and being very attentive during our meal. The staff in general are kept on their toes constantly and the demands made upon them can be challenging at times I'm sure but it was lovely to enjoy some genuine exchanges with a few of the staff as to where they hailed from, how long they had worked in the hotel etc. I was in seafood heaven with all the different food stations including one solely for scallops. I don't eat red meat but was very tempted by what was on offer - there was simply something for everyone's tastes and I'd be amazed if there have been any reviews regarding a lack of selection. Add to this the cheese room and the desserts room and you have a brunch that caters for just about anybody.We all had the alcoholic drinks package and of course this adds to the expense but for a once in a while 'treat' then it's worth the extra money. I don't know when I'll be back but I'll certainly attend brunch the next time I'm visiting Abu Dhabi.

4  Thank Tavak4
Enza C, Food & Beverage Sales Manager at Giornotte Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2016

Dear Tavak4,

Greetings from The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal !

Thank you for reviewing your experience in Giornotte! Brunch there is indeed a one and only experience. We have superb comments all the time and the highlight for the food usually starts with the cheese and dessert rooms! We are thrilled you enjoyed it and have passed on your beautiful comments to Vivi who hopes to see you soon again!

Reviewed 14 September 2016

We visited for the Friday brunch last weekend and it was simply fantastic. We liked the new live cooking stations - especially the Vietnamese and also the smoked salmon station - beetroot and truffle smoked salmons were delicious.
Our son really enjoys the sweet room and he was highly amused by the dry ice displays!
It is consistently the best brunch venue in Abu Dhabi - in our opinion.

2  Thank Stevebmw123d
Enza C, Food & Beverage Sales Manager at Giornotte Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2016

Dear stevebmw123d,

Greetings from The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal !

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your dining experience at our Friday Brunch ! We are very proud indeed of our new additions for the new season including new live stations, new beverage stations, the live band and the kids play area ! We are thrilled that you enjoyed them and truly hope we will be to see you again soon !