“Authentic Kerala food and very helpful staff ”

Kerala Thanima Restaurant
Ranked #776 of 2,299 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

The food here is as authentic as what you get in a home cooked meal. The staff are extremely courteous and have suggestions for every palate. When I told her that I was a diabetic she made sure that I chose items that were diabetic friendly and rushed to prevent a staff who was accidentally going to serve me coffee with sugar

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

I have always enjoyed the food . Specially seafood . Food bring you back to home or some great memories of very tasty food . Try kerala thanima you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

The lady staff are very unprofessional and they are the only ones taking order at front desk. If you order less quantity they respect customers less. In Abu Dhabi even if you order 1 dhirham icecream they treat you with respect, but not in Kerala Thanima. Recently they have reduced price, we thought let's again try their food, but we found the quantity is made half for 20% price discount. They take extra charges for parcel. Most food is spicy. The plantain leaf lunch during week days is worth the price and taste also good. Overall they should learn professionalism and sincerity first, customer need that more than price and taste.

Reviewed 17 December 2016

I am very fond of South Indian food. I had heard about Keral Thanima from friends before so when I came across Kerala Thanima on Zomato I decided to give it a try. This restaurant is very traditional in look - the interiors, the food, the serving style! The food is very nominally priced. I asked the staff for recommendation and they told me to try the Sadhya meal which is served on the Banana Leaf so I ordered. I absolutely loved the food, the portions are generous, the service was good as well and the staff was friendly. Overall a good experience.

Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

Nice ambience, good food supported with very good service. Fish had some problem when informed changed immediately without any question. Menu is good, accept both cash and card. Food and beverage qty is worth of cost. I will recommend.