“Colleague's Birthday Dinner”

The Sportsman's Arms
Ranked #183 of 2,302 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Description: The Sportsman's Arms is the first family-friendly gastropub located in the grounds of Abu Dhabi's Zayed Sports City. The American-Irish restaurant is open from 8am until late, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Offering refined pub cuisine with an Irish touch teamed with an informal bar and lounge setting, this gastropub in the capital is the perfect spot for lunch with the family, after-work drinks, watching international sporting events with friends, and an all-round good night out.
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

It was my first visit with my colleagues last Tuesday for my colleague's birthday dinner and it was great! Juliet (Manager) looked after our booking and also arranged for a complimentary desert and the whole arrangement was perfect! The place is nice and cozy with friendly staff. I'd go there again :)

SportsmansArmsAD, Manager at The Sportsman's Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Dear Affa M,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the food, service and atmosphere at The Sportsman’s Arms.
I have shared your feedback with the team and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Went for a family lunch on Friday and had a pretty good time. Found the Sportsmans Arms a little hard to find but once inside it was exactly what I expected. It’s like a sports bar you would see back in the Uk, very big with good views of the local sports facilities, Tv screens, large bar and outdoor seating area.
We all ordered our food and to start we shared the onion rings and the chicken wings which were fantastic!! We then had to try the roast dinner, a mix of chicken, lamb and beef served with roast potatoes, squash, carrots, Yorkshire pudding and gravy. It was a huge portion and way too much on the plate for me. The meat was placed over all the potatoes and vegetables then covered with gravy making everything underneath soggy and unappetizing. The flavor was ok but it was let down in its appearance. This was priced at 85 dirhams per person which was about right but could have been so much better.

Dear Nick W,

Thank you for your genuine feedback, and for taking time to review us on our TripAdvisor page. Rest well assured that I will pass your feedback to the whole team. And we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards,
The Sportsman's Team

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Had a nice visit with le wife watching the world cup football matches.
Food looked so good and ended up ordering.Definitely be back again on a empty stomach as portions are big.
Staff were great with Joel always there to accommodate your requests.
Chef changed a dish for us with no hesitation.”Thank you” Beer was cold but tea options little limited as not everyone always drinks.Always few happy hour specials running there so check with the staff.

Dear Pieter E,

Thank you so much for your visit and for your review. We are happy to hear you had an amazing time at The Sportsmans Arms! I will definitely inform our team.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon

Best wishes,
The Sportsman's Arms Team

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Came with my wife off a recommendation from one of our Irish friends.. Nice place nice atmosphere breakfast was top quality, loved the full Irish and my wife enjoyed the eggs Benedict, our server Jyon was very polite and smiley and kept checking on us, will come again

Dear Jeromerussells,

Reviewed 24 June 2018

I visit sportsmans 3 mornings a week for breakfast. The service and food is top class I don't even have to order anymore- once my man Jacobs sees me coming he knows exactly what I want. Fantastic lad great personality

Dear Mahonphilip,