See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 January 2018

I stayed with my husband and son in a one room apartment, it was very good because in the living room there is sofa bed for my son, up 2 sleep there.. The apartment was clean and comfortable, small full kitchen, large balcony around the apartment with view. Only the bathroom is a little bit small but it's ok. I'd like to change the pillows.
Garage for free, pool was nice. Simple but good breakfast. Location very good to enjoy the beaches (Mansa and Brava) with service (chairs /umbrella) that is very good with kid.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 January 2017

I pre-paid for four nights at this "spa" and the minute I arrived knew it was the worst mistake I had made in my 35 years of traveling. The room looked like and SRO. I tried to check out and offered to pay one night and front desk manager became belligerent and threatening. A dreary dim, unventilated room. Photos do not reveal the decrepit state of the facility and rooms.

Room tip: My biggest tip would be not to go in the first place.
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank manhattantraveler60
Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

Well equipped appartment in Punta del Este. It's very clean! The breakfast is really good, one of the best in Uruguay! Fresh fruit, bread, fresh juice, good coffee.
I liked the laundryplace! Helpfull staff! There is a gym but the machines are not the most new ones.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2016

Great apart-hotel! The apartments were super tidy, clean, and very well equipped. I had a very comfortable stay.
The only drawback was the noisy generated by the construction just next door, but has nothing to do with the service provided by the hotel. It was unfortunate that the building under construction was less that 10 meters away from my balcony and workers started making noise at 7:30 am.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 January 2016

Overall, I was very pleased with my stay at Sol y Luna. I thought it would be more of a hotel type of place, but it's actually an apartment building, with hotel type of services such as housekeeping and guards in the front. Our room view was perfect - we had a corner room but had a view of the ocean on both sides (room 902). The building is centrally located with a very short walk to the beach and Conrad hotel - so that was a huge plus! And they have beach side beds you can rent through the hotel for free. The wifi worked perfectly the entire time.

Negatives -

1) the breakfast. Not sure why they even call it breakfast when all that was available was ham, cheese, toast, orange juice and coffee? Eggs would be nice at least!! With the amount of money we were paying per night, it would've been nice to have a better breakfast.

2) The people at the front desk speak ZERO english. Although Marianella and Nadia were super sweet, it would be really helpful if they had someone up there that spoke some English!

Room tip: Get a room with a view for sure!!! We were in 902 and loved it.
Date of stay: December 2015