“Might've been the best place to stay in in Arkansas City”

Super 8 Arkansas City KS
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Arkansas City
Reviewed 17 December 2015 via mobile

Many of my relatives and I flew in for a wedding. We were 6 different parties staying here.
The room is clean and tidy. My test is whether I felt comfortable walking around in my bare feet on both carpet and in bathtub. I felt comfortable enough to have my 1 y/o walk on his bare feet. No dust. No musky smell. They were actually shampooing the rugs in many of the rooms when we arrived. My only complaints of the housekeeping is that there was a used towel left hanging on the back of the bathroom door; and though my husband and I slept in, still in bed when the housekeeper made her rounds, she never came back to our room during the day. We needed the garbage cleaned out. Despite having wrapped the multiple poopy diapers in a plastic bag, I doubt anyone could handle the smell. (There were no big waste baskets on property other than in the breakfast room.
Bed was comfy. The blankets were a bit scratchy, but kept us warm.
Never woke up early enough to check out the breakfast.
Bath had good hot water and pressure.
There is a cute foyer where I hung out with my cousin and sister. Couldn't turn on the tv there and no heater.
Creepy view of forest. Looked like a scene from Friday the 13th.
We had room 201 which was quite roomy with a nice couch and area for my son to play. Good selection of cable channels with a nice television to watch them on.
Near the WalMart and many fast food restaurants. Tons of parking.
Doubt we'll be back in the area. But we would come back if we were to return.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank AntnttaJ

Reviewed 9 November 2015

I will say it wasn't a bad experience. The hotel was clean and the a/c worked good. The breakfast consisted of a waffle and some cereal but I didn't expect much in this little town. The bed was comfy and the TV was newer. The only bad things I had was the tv stand was missing a drawer and my hot water didn't work if the room next to me was taking a shower. I know that sounds weird but it happened. My dad was in the room next to me and when he was taking a shower I had no hot water. Once he got out of the shower my room had hot water. I have never had that happen before, we got good laugh about it. If your ever in this little town I will say give it a try, the beds are nice to sleep in.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Donnie R
Reviewed 24 September 2015

This is a lovely little hotel, the staff are very friendly, the rooms are clean and a reasonable size for Ark City. However we spent the first night in a front room which was very uncomfortable, making for a very poor sleep. After we were moved to the back of the building everything was much better. It was clean and quiet with opening windows which I love, particularly as it was a hot summer.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2014

Convenient location for my work. Priced so I can book a king size suite and still stay in price range.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Clean hotel, basic fare for breakfast, close parking to front door. No elevator to 2nd floor. Decent price for area. Lots of food choices just down the road. Had my first Braum's burger and ice cream...Yummy.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
4.5 km away
Town House Motel
Town House Motel
#4 of 5 in Arkansas City

Been to Super 8 Arkansas City KS? Share your experiences!