Abadia Colonial
Hotels.com
US$144
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$161/night.

US$96
US$354
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$499/night.

US$233
US$198
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsla candelariacolonial stylebotero museumwithin walking distancearepasgold museumsmall hotelperfect locationbolivar squarehotel locationrooms are largehot waterthree nightsmonserratecandelabraneighborhood
Reviewed 11 May 2011

We stayed for several nights here (on and off) and cannot recommend it highly enough.
The staff are incredibly helpful - we lost a case on the flight out for 3 days and they went out of their way to help us (calling people etc for us). They even ensured our clothes were washed in about 3 hours as we had nothing else to wear!
The location is very good for the old town - you're right by the Botero museam and Plaza Bolivar. The hotel staff also gave us very good tips for nights out in Zona Rosa and Parque 93.
On our return we missed our flight (yes, it was that sort of holiday) and again, they went out of their way to help - giving us rooms at very short notice and allowing us use of a room past the checkout time while we sorted everything out.
All in all, highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2011

I arrived there for a casuality. i looked for an hotel in the downtown. i visited other 3 hotels before and they were really bad. What's mean bad for me: aanomimous, dirty special the toilet and no interesting. when i arrived in Abbadia Colonial people at the reception company me to choose the only 3 room free. so i choose mine and it was the best choose. I arrived on March 31 and i left it on April 2 to make a trip in colombia. Well i booked a room again before to back at home. it's strategic to visit the really town, there's the University and 5 museum. Close to Bolivar square, the Government and the ares is safe for turistsWonderfull coffe, breakfast, bed and lovable peolpe.

Room Tip: I suggest you Rose room
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Walpapi
Reviewed 21 January 2011

We stayed at this hotel for three nights when we arrived in Bogota at the beginning of our 3 week visit to Colombia. Subsequently we returned twice each time for a one night stopover on our way to another area.
The hotel is in a good location to explore the old part of Bogota .. very easy to walk down to the square and to the shops. It's representative of Spanish architecture and has two lovely open courtyards and upstairs dining with a view of the mountains.
Service was excellent and staff were friendly and exceptionally responsive to any queries we had .. when we had a receptionist who was unable to speak English she was very happy for us to use the Google interpreter which worked brilliantly.
Food was good and there is also an Italian restaurant which produced great food.
Rooms are reasonable sizes although they vary and some are obviously better than others. The only real difficulty we found were the mattresses!! These are exceptionally hard and I notice from the owners' response to a previous review that they are orthopeadic mattresses and they certainly felt like it. We got used to them in the end but I don't think I've slept on mattresses so hard but I guess I can console myself that they were good for my back!! Apart from this though, the location is great, the staff exceptionally helpful and food good so we'd definitely go back as we enjoyed staying there.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
paolonerocchi, Gerente at Abadia Colonial, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2011

Hello Mrs. Indira,
We are very pleased that you liked our hotel and restaurant.
I followed his advice and I bought mattresses softer-
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.
Paolo Rocchi

Reviewed 23 December 2010

I booked one of the cheaper rooms at this hotel in advance of my arrival in Bogota - I´d never visited the city before, and wanted to stay in a decent hotel in a good area for my first few nights, but didn´t want to pay too much - and the Abadia Colonial seemed to fit the bill... Whilst these cheaper rooms are attractive and comfortable, they open out onto a courtyard/bar/dining area which is incredibly noisy (with loud music & people talking) until around 11pm at night - so beware!! I believe the higher-priced rooms are located around a second, quieter courtyard... Overall though I found the staff to be very polite & professional, and the breakfast served in the restaurant upstairs was delicious... but from the noise perspective, I found my room to be overpriced.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
4  Thank elklondon01
Reviewed 25 October 2010

Excellent, clean and peaceful spot after a day of touring. Friendly, helpful staff. Restaurant was very good and had typical foods and then a list of italian specialties which the people in Bogota seem to be partial too.

Good, free internet and very good breakfast included in the upstairs restaurant each morning. You must try the ariepas and the ajiaco.

The helped us find a tour last minute with Authentic Tours and it was a perfect 2 days.

It gets cool at night so wear warm pajamas!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business