“Amazing store ”

Add it.
Nell Hill's
Ranked #2 of 6 Shopping in Atchison
More attraction details
Owner description: A home furnishings specialty shop.
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

This place is amazing. They have an amazing fabrics, furniture and accessories. A great place to fine unique pieces for your house.

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

Nell hills in Atchison is now closed! Mary carol stated was no longer able to give each store her personal touch so she had to close the Atchison location.

3  Thank Julia M
Reviewed 24 November 2015

Nell Hills Home Store is, in my opinion, the most well managed retail store in this part of the country. In a small town like Atchison, KS, away from any major highways and stuck in the 1960's, Mary Carol Garrity ( the owner ) has turned her store into a destination. For several decades, shoppers have driven in from a 200 mile radius to purchase furniture, home decor, fabrics, paint or just browse. Nell Hills has even taken over several vacant store fronts in the downtown area for expansion. Additionally, there is a second location in the high-end Briarcliff area of Kansas City, MO. Both stores are astonishingly tasteful and well merchandised - everything is priced to sell. I have been to both stores many times, particularly to look at the Christmas decorations. In every case, either Mary Carol or her friendly staff greet us and make us feel welcome. The positive vibe of her stores is unlike any I have experienced anywhere. I really believe that Mary Carol is a genius retailer and the most effective businesswoman I've ever worked with ( we recently bought a couch from her ). If you are interested in home furnishings, don't pass up a Nell Hills.

3  Thank Kristy F
Reviewed 29 October 2015

Full of great home decorating items. Staff very helpful. Cost from inexpensive to lots more...but very reasonable.

Reviewed 11 October 2015

Ok, I love the way this home boutique is set up.....that being said, I think it is way overpriced. I had been here a few years ago and don't recall it being this pricey. I really think that most of the items in this store could be found at Kirkland's, Gordman's, or TJ Maxx. Fun to get ideas for decorating. It's the Neiman Marcus of Hobby Lobby.

4  Thank Crystal C