13 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$253
PricelineUS$291
Hotels.comUS$253
TravelocityUS$253
Orbitz.comUS$253
Trip.comUS$253
All reviews overwater bungalow day trippers sea snakes dinner buffet private deck jet ski new caledonia turtles swimming water sports activities ilot maitre prawns the water is crystal clear sashimi french influence swim up bar crackers kite surfers
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 August 2022

I wanted to love this hotel but sadly a lot of the other reviews rang true.

The staff were not of the professionalism or service quality that I would expect of a Hilton brand and of a hotel of this price point. In contrast, I stayed two nights at Le Meridien Noumea prior to my stay here and the staff were warm, welcoming, knowledgeable, professional and willing to help, plus I was automatically given a room upgrade in line with my status. Almost the opposite was true of the DoubleTree experience - staff barely wanted to interact, and whilst some were friendly, few were knowledgeable or able to help with basic queries.

I stayed in an over water bungalow which was beautiful and definitely recommended if you do decide to stay here, however was disappointed / disgusted to find two cockroaches at check in. I understand that this sometimes cannot be helped, but when I informed the front desk nothing was done - so I trapped them under some glasses and they lived there for my entire stay, even after I informed housekeeping the next day (as per the recommendation by the front desk staff) and housekeeping said it was an issue for front desk.

You are literally stranded on an island so ensure you bring food and snacks with you if you don't want to be dining at the exorbitant restaurant everyday. The dinner buffet is about AUD80, and probably was worth about a third of that price.

The boat times to and from the island are scarce - even an hourly departure would help in the mornings for people leaving to catch planes, instead of every 2 hours. I would recommend anyone staying here to check out the day before a departing flight and stay in Noumea proper to avoid any stress.

Sadly what could have been a very lovely stay fell short of just about every expectation.

3  Thank SP-travels-00
Reviewed 17 August 2022 via mobile

We had read earlier reviews and were worried there wouldn’t be great options for food and drink or things to do… and pleasantly surprised to find plenty of everything as well as lovely staff and a five star resort! Even while recovering from the past two years of Covid restrictions and shutdowns, this place is doing well.

Room tip: There is strong wifi, 10GB per day. Coffee and tea facilities in room. Snack bar offers easy options, buffet is extensive.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank switzcc
Reviewed 6 August 2022 via mobile

Accommodation was great. We recommend the over water bungalows for ease of access to the turtles, snakes and other sea life. Keep the outside door to the deck closed and the steps up out the water to keep snakes off your deck and out of your room.
Best time to visit and view the sea life is within a couple of hours of high tide, however turtles and snakes are evident all the time. We lost count of how many we saw. Take your own mask amd fins to ensure you can snorkel whenever you want. Dont worry about the snakes. We are not on their diet and they are likely too small to be able to bite humans. Even the 3 foot ones still have small heads.
Buffet is edible, however we preferred heading to Grand Terre for lunch and dinner.
Take grocery bags with you and go to the supermarket close to Port Moselle for beer, snacks and splits to go with your duty free booze.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank 200davec
Reviewed 30 July 2022 via mobile

You are basically marooned at the hotel. We had a midday flight along with 20 other guests. The hotel would only put on a 7:30am boat for all of us to get back to the main land and also the breakfast we paid for only started at 7:30am so we’re not able to eat. Dropped off in the rain in the city leaving us no option but to leave for the airport at 8am.
Zero interest in catering to their guests at all and in fact go out of their way to make it as difficult as possible.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
7  Thank zooie26
Reviewed 23 July 2022

i had high expectation for our 1st trip since the lockdown. I have never been to noumea before but loved the idea that it had a french influence. With three teens we were were really looking forward to the swim up bar, the jet skiing, and snorkling. None of this was available because of covid. I totally understand that these were closed because of a shortness of staff?( i assume) but it would have been nice to have warning and maybe a discount? the food is 2nd rate and super expensive. If you don't want to spend $100 each a night for your family to scratch around a buffet and find nothing appealing to eat. Things that the resort couldn't control are the 3 meter tiger shark, the snakes that crawl up the stairs of your over water bungalow the insistent rain. Things that could have been helped are the terrible food options, the watered down gin, and loosing one of our bags between our room and the water taxi..totally un-excusable.

total waste of money .left early.

Room tip: if you are going for un over water bungelow get one close to the restaurant
Date of stay: July 2022