“French style Vietnamese works beautifully ”
Review of Hanoi Plage

Hanoi Plage
Ranked #60 of 243 Restaurants in Noumea
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Lovely atmosphere, welcoming staff. The duck fish with mushrooms and ginger was superb. Very generous portions too . So much duck I couldn’t finish. A superb mix of two excellent cuisines.
Of course when you add in the citron beers, even only one fish each will be expensive on this extremely expensive island. However, it was worth it

Reviewed 25 February 2018

I had dinner twice here - I ordered a soup, next time - pork with mushrooms and ginger. Actually it was my first experience with Vietnamese cuisine so I really did not know what to expect. On both occasions the service was very good, the food was delicious. One of the 2 remaining places where one can have a decent meal on Anse Vata. Pricewise as expensive as anywhere else in New Caledonia - take it or leave it.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

I went for lunch and it was pretty good, although overpriced for what it was. Some spring rolls to start, beef and noodles, a glass of wine and a bottle of mineral water cost me more than 70 AUD. I know that New Caledonia isn’t the cheapest place but compared to other meals I had, this was certainly on the expensive side, and the food, whilst fine, wasn’t mind blowing.

A big shout out to the young waiter who immediately picked up that I wanted to speak French while everyone else, no doubt with the best intentions, kept trying to speak to me in English. I found that impressive.

One particular downside was that all through my lunch, there was a woman sitting at the bar/counter smoking. It wasn’t clear if she was an owner or a staff member or just a friend of the house, but she was part of the show somehow. Coming from Australia, it’s been a long time since I’ve seen someone smoke inside a restaurant; it was very disconcerting.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Had a great lunch with wanton soup, crab and pork spring roles, fried rice, spicy beef and prawns with garlic sauce. Flavours were good and portions were good for a couple. Service was friendly and prices were similar to what you would pay in Melbourne. Free wifi was available from the nearby juice bar.

2  Thank Warren P
Reviewed 4 February 2018

Visitors to New Caledonia will know that restaurants are expensive! Within that context Hanoi Plage was at the cheaper end of the scale and the food was good. We ate there on our first night and then again a week later. Service was good and the position opposite the beach is nice. The vegetarian spring rolls were a highlight whilst we also enjoyed chicken, beef and sea food dishes. Worth a visit, especially for a family wishing to share dishes and keep costs under control!

1  Thank tony_cleo